• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petes80
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

Some Channels require all posts to be approved...not sure why

Hi

Some of my forum channels always require every post to be manually approved, even ones I post and I'm the administrator. I've scoured all of the settings time and again and can't work out what the difference is between these channels and the ones that post straight away. I've looked in the Channel Permissions and all of them right up the tree have "Require Moderation for Posts: No" set.

It must be a setting somewhere as some channels allow instant posting, but I just can't figure out where the difference is.
  • petes80
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

Just to add the information that I overlooked when posting this question:
    1. vBulletin Version - 5.3.3
    2. PHP Version - 7.0.25
    3. MySQL Version - I couldn't find this using the instructions provided in the sticky thread, but my PHPMyAdmin says server version 5.6.36-82.1-log. Would this be right?
    4. Any Addons installed - None except the custom theme.
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? - Yes
    6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? - Not sure what this means but the store is set to English (US)
    7. Error message on the screen' - No Error, just says that the message is unapproved. I then have to approve the message.
    8. Browser and Browser version used - Happens on all browsers, but I specifically use Mozilla Firefox 54.0 and Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94
    9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? Yes
    10. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. The forum is not public facing, you would need to register, let me know what your username is so I can grant access to the forums and then post in the "Web Design (The Pretty Stuff)" forum. Your post won't instantly be approved. If you post in the "New Members Introductions" section, the post is automatically approved.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Is your administrator in multiple usergroups? Remove the secondary usergroups. Does the problem still happen?

If the usergroup permission "Follow channel moderation rules" set to Yes?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pmquist
        pmquist commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, I have the same problem. I have several usergroups and need that. Is there somewhere I could read more about how how the permission system works and how different user group permissions adds up?

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        If a user is in a group that can't post to a channel, their posts will need to be approved. If they are not, their posts will not need to be approved. It really is as simple as that. They need to be in a single usergroup and able to post in the channel. It is a long-standing issue and there is a JIRA somewhere.
    • petes80
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hi Wayne

You are correct, it was because I was in 2 usergroups. I have changed the permissions of the second usergroup I was in and this is now working as expected. Many thanks for your help, much appreciated :-)

Comment

• Sylv1
        • Jul 2013

I have the same problem in 5.3.3...

i am not sure to understand what happens

I have more than 2 usergroups and cannot change that

2 of my forums have been created lately with deny to all group + "yes to all" to a dedicated group.==> they require moderation where as nothing looks to request it.
        Last edited by Sylv1; Mon 29 Jan '18, 2:36pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

It is a bug and should be fixed in 5.4.0. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12380
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sylv1
            • Jul 2013

it is fixed for me in 5.4.1

Great !
            thanks

Comment