• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petes80
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

BB Code tags not working

Hi

I can't figure out why my BB code tags are not working. If I use the "Advanced Editor" to put in an image, the image displays correctly in "Preview post" mode but when I actually post it, it displays this (note: it doesn't display in an HTML box on my forum, but this was the only way I could stop this forum converting the tags):
    HTML Code:
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"me-london.jpg","data-attachmentid":63}[/ATTACH]
    Equally if I use the advanced editor to link some text, the link displays correctly on preview mode, but on the live post, it displays like this:
    HTML Code:
    [URL="https://abd.co.uk"]ABD.co.uk[/URL]
    I have checked through as many settings as I can find, and BB Code seems to be enabled everywhere I can find it. I have also switched the theme of the site back to the default theme and it does the same thing. I'm sure it must be a setting somewhere but I just can't find it. Any ideas?
  • petes80
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

Just to add the information that I overlooked when posting this question:
    1. vBulletin Version - 5.3.3
    2. PHP Version - 7.0.25
    3. MySQL Version - I couldn't find this using the instructions provided in the sticky thread, but my PHPMyAdmin says server version 5.6.36-82.1-log. Would this be right?
    4. Any Addons installed - None except the custom theme.
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? - Yes
    6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? - Not sure what this means but the store is set to English (US)
    7. Error message on the screen' - No Error, just doesn't display the correct stuff between the BB Codes.
    8. Browser and Browser version used - Happens on all browsers, but I specifically use Mozilla Firefox 54.0 and Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94
    9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? Yes
    10. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. The forum is not public facing, you would need to register, let me know what your username is so I can grant access to the forums and then post using the BB Code and you will see that it works in preview mode, but not on the live post.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

There is a per channel option to turn on and off BBCode in that channel. Make sure it is on.

AdminCP -> Channel Management -> Channel Manager. Edit each channel with the problem.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• petes80
        • Sep 2017
        • 5.3.x

Hi Wayne

Yes that's done it. I thought I had the permissions inheriting down the tree from the home page permissions but it turns out some were using custom permissions. I've now edited this and it's all working fine. I knew it had to be something simple!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Permissions are inherited. Options are not. The ability to turn off BBCode per channel is an option.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment