• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dream507
    • Apr 2011
    • 4.1.x

HTTP 500 error New install vb5.3.4

Hello

I have some issue with new installation of vb 5.3.4, the install finished but after delete the install folder just get http error 500.

PHP 7.1
    MYSQL 5.7

error log:

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear7:/usr/share/php7') in /var/app/current/includes/vb5/config.php on line 65

Thanks for the help
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Did you rename the file /config.php.bkp to /config.php?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dream507
      • Apr 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Did you rename the file /config.php.bkp to /config.php?
      yes, the file was renamed
      Last edited by dream507; Tue 21 Nov '17, 12:38pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

If vBulletin is in the /var/app/current directory, then it should be trying to reference the file in that directory. All files in the upload directory of the vBulletin package need to be uploaded. The .htaccess file in the vBulletin directory needs to be in effect. If you have .htaccess rewrite directives in the /var/ or /var/app/ directories, you need to set the rewritebase line in the file we provide.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dream507
          • Apr 2011
          • 4.1.x

Well, i try to install several times and the problem goes on, let me explain what i do:

1- rename /config.php.bkp to /config.php
          2- rename /core/includes/config.php.bkp to /core/includes/config.php
          3- edit /core/includes/config.php with the mysql data base info
          4- in the browser start the installation "myurl.com/core/install", after the installation is finished i go to my url and see this warning "Warning frontend already exists" i remember that i need delete the install folder inside core and after that i just get HTTP error 500.

I Change the rewrite in the .htaccess but still the same issue.

Maybe i do something wrong in the configuration, but i´m not sure, i´m a beginner with vbulletin

Note: I use aws for hosting maybe i need do a special setup ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

And the HTTP 500 error is the same in the logs every time?

On a properly configured server and following our installation instructions in the vB5Readme.html file, you wouldn't receive this error. I've installed thousands of copies of vBulletin over the last two decades and the installation procedure hasn't changed much in that time. We don't access files outside the vbulletin_root by default. So if your vBulletin files are actually in /var/app/current/ then we would never try to access any file above that path in a default installation. The only variation that allows for this is that you can place the directory where attachments are stored above the web root and the software will access them by their direct path. By default, attachments are stored in the database and this can't be changed until after installation.

Either you have modified the files and that has broken it or something in the server configuration is rewriting the path and not allowing PHP to determine the correct installation path of vBulletin. I am guessing this is a self-hosted server because your paths are not indicative of most web server setups.

What OS and Web Server are you using? Though without a support ticket and direct access to the server, we might never be able to solve the issue.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dream507
              • Apr 2011
              • 4.1.x

Ok, i change to another server and the install finish without a problem, but after delete the install folder i get the next error "The requested URL /auth/login-form was not found on this server."

Webserver: Apache2
              PHP 7
              Mysql: 5.6

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Rewrite rules are not workimg, that's why you also have no css. Your forum should look like this one.

Make sure you have renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess. Note the dot at the front.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment