Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

Duplicating a style?

So I've been working on a new installation of vB 5.3.3, and I started with the Default Style. I've modified a bunch of things with css_additional.css. I started looking at style vars, and that made me realize that rather than modify an existing style, perhaps I should create my own style, and that way the Default Style would still be there, unmodified. But in the Style Manager (admin cp), I don't see an option to duplicate a style. I don't want to make a child style where changes to the parent affect it. I'd like a completely independent duplicate of "Default Style", to which I can then apply my own changes. Am I misunderstanding the way to approach this? Thanks...
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Just create a new style with no parent. That will be a completely default style.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• StephenKay
      • Apr 2003

Duh, pretty simple - thanks. But let's say you wanted to make a style based on some other style, such as "Wood", and not have it be a "child" but a completely separate style. Any way to do that? (Just trying to understand the possibilities...)

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

You can export an existing style as an XML file and then you can upload it as a separate style.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• StephenKay
          • Apr 2003

Ah thanks, that's what I wanted to know!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

If you do export a style listed under "Themes, such as "Wood", and want to upload it as a new style then you need to check the box labeled "Remove Unique Identifier". Otherwise, when it is imported, it will just overwrite the existing style. You have to be using 5.3.4 or higher to have this option available.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• StephenKay
              StephenKay commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, good to know.
          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...