• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kabetz
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.3.x

Can't See Image Attachment

I'm new to VB so bear with me.

I'm uploading attachments to a post and I want non registered users to be able to see the image.

When you go on the site you see a link to the post that when you click it goes to a page that shows the letter I.

Can someone please tell me how to be able to view the image and not the link?

Can someone please tell me why I see the page with just a letter I?

An example of the problem can be seen here.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Guests are not able to gain attachment permissions in vBulletin 5. The closest you can do is make sure that the Unregistered/Not Logged In user group can download image and non-image attachments. In the AdminCP go to Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager to change guest permissions. However, these should have been the default permissions on a new install. Images inserted into posts are still attachments.

The "I" should actually be "Invalid File" and signifies the user doesn't have permission to download the file. It is cut off due to something in your database or HTML character encoding that is causing it to break on display. Edit the phrase invalid_file should allow it to appear correctly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kabetz
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.3.x

Thanks and where would I find the phrase invalid_file so I can edit it?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

In the AdminCP under Languages & Phrases -> Phrase Manager. You can also search for it under Languages & Phrases -> Search for Phrases. That may be easier if you're not used to the phrase system.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment