• Show
Clear All

• Problem upload files in attachments

Good evening
    How are you doing
    I have a problem
    I want to upload files larger than 1 gigabyte via attachments
    But the forum refuses
    Note that on the same server file upload center I can upload files above two gigabytes
    But the forum refuses with why?

For such large files, you should make sure the system is storing attachments in the File System. You can configure this under Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

You have modified the option before you start uploading files
      But do not accept is rejected
      My server has settings for uploading large files

Click image for larger version

Name:	80808080808-08-0.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	4381212

Comment

When you try to upload a file with the Upload File Diagnostic, what is reported by the system?

Maintainance -> Diagnostics

What is the value in upload_max_filesize set to for PHP?

Wayne Luke

Comment

upload_max_filesize 100000M 100000M

Name:	7986889686969.PNG
Views:	64
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	4381215

Comment

And the answer to the other question?

Wayne Luke

Comment

When you try to upload a file with the Upload File Diagnostic, what is reported by the system?

Name:	868989797979797.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	4381221

Comment

That isn't the upload file diagnostic and does not provide the information that I am looking for.

However, the maximum file size for images in a default installation is 900,000 bytes. They are resized to 1440 X 900 pixels and cannot be larger than 4608 X 3456 pixels. You can adjust the file size limit under Attachments -> Attachment Type Manager. I do not recommend uploading 1-gigabyte or larger images. You will kill the performance of your server.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The file to be uploaded
                  Not a picture
                  It is a video file format mp4
                  If the program can not differentiate between image and video files, this is not my fault , It is a mistake of the program
                  For sizes, the video extension (mp4) (mkv) has been set.
                  There is no other way to upload files and make them special for members and prevent visitors from downloading.
                  Do you have any other way?

This is the third problem in (vb5) I have not found a solution yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by ABDUR7MAAN View Post
                    The file to be uploaded
                    Not a picture
                    It is a video file format mp4
                    If the program can not differentiate between image and video files, this is not my fault , It is a mistake of the program
                    For sizes, the video extension (mp4) (mkv) has been set.
                    There is no other way to upload files and make them special for members and prevent visitors from downloading.
                    Do you have any other way?

This is the third problem in (vb5) I have not found a solution yet ?
                    vBulletin does not accept *.mp4 files by default. You would need to configure this under AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Type Manager.

However, I would point out that the software isn't designed as a video hosting service - you will not get an embedded video like on YouTube, you will get an attachment that people have to download and open in their own video player.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I do not want it to display the video as you think I want it to be an attachment file being uploaded by members.
                      If I want to embed the video as a direct watch I will use sites for direct viewing.

Is there a way way to go back to vb 4
                      vb5 is not stable enough until a forum is built on it.

Comment

vBulletin 5 is perfectly stable and runs thousands of sites. To go back to vBulletin 4, you need to restore your vBulletin 4 database and files. Any content added after upgrading to vBulletin 5 will be lost. The largest reason that you're not getting your issues resolved is you do not respond to requests for information or provide information that wasn't asked for. Plus when directed to a specific location for help, you do not follow up on your issues in that location.

The best way to handle large files like this is to upload them via FTP and to link them in a forum available only to those who should have access. vBulletin is and never was designed as a distribution system for large files. The Attachment system is for convenience and at the limitation of your server settings. However, you have refused to answer my question about what the File Upload Diagnostic returns so we cannot troubleshoot your issue.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Now I am responsible for the error in the program and I am not following my problems
                          Every problem I ask is your response ... We do not support and this is not our specialty!
                          In your opinion, the problem of attachments I am responsible for, but is a mistake of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDUR7MAAN View Post
                            Now I am responsible for the error in the program and I am not following my problems
                            Every problem I ask is your response ... We do not support and this is not our specialty!
                            In your opinion, the problem of attachments I am responsible for, but is a mistake of the program.
                            As Wayne has stated, we need answers to our questions in order to provide support.

When we ask for something, such as the results of a diagnostic tool, that means we can't advise further until it's provided. You seem to be thinking that we'll still solve the issue even if you don;t provide the information, and the problem is, we can't.

As both Wayne and myself have stated, vBulletin wasn't really designed for the type of scenario you're attempting to use it for. You would have the same issues with vBulletin 4, vBulletin 3, and every other forum software I can think of. The attachment system is simply not designed for uploading enormous files, and most servers aren't configured for it either. regardless of what the forum software does.

Providing product support isn't always about making something work. Sometimes the correct answer is "it's not designed to do that", and that's good support, not bad support.
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hello I did not mention that technical support is not good and bad. I used version vb5 because I liked it and was very nice and sophisticated But these simple problems make me hate to use it. So you proved that the bugs of the program: You installed the latest version of the vb3 The same file was uploaded without any problems This proves that I have prepared the server without a problem I am a problem of VB5 This is the link to make sure: https://www.anime-toons.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X