X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forum-Pi
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.3.x

Polls do not show the color bars on home page

Hello. It does not look right, but I hope there is a solution to this . (vB 5.3.3) Thank you.

1. The latest polls frame on our home page does not show the color bars, only text and % values. This goes the same for the guests/not logged in and for the registered users who have voted already (please see 1)

2. if I am logged in as a registered user, but have not voted yet, then I see the normal appearence of this latest poll (please see 2). As soon as I vote, it satrts to look like in (1), without color bars, only with %.

3. if I press "see all" button, it looks good, works for guests and for logged in users who have voted (please see 3).

One would expect the latest poll on the home page to look like in (photo 2) for the guests and also for logged in users before they vote, and to show the color bars in case the users have voted (3).
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Do they appear correctly in the default style? This could be an issue with that specific theme.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Forum-Pi
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.3.x

No, in the default style and in other styles (I checked) they do not appear correctly. Unfortunately.

It worries me because such incorrect appearence of the latest poll on the main page does not look attractive, and cannot motivate people to vote... do you see what I mean?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Hmm...

This site when viewing Latest Activity:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	116
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	4381054

My local test site:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	pollbars.png
Views:	157
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	4381055

Do you have any addons or custom CSS on the site?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Forum-Pi
          Forum-Pi commented
          Editing a comment
          I am wondering if you also find this a bit strange, that the % value is three times 100% and not 33.3% for each bar. The idea of the polls in general is that any poll has only 100% to divide between different votes and not 300%...

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          It is a multiple choice poll. So I don't find it weird at all since I voted for all three options and there is only 1 voter. So 1 voter voted 100% across the board. If it wasn't a multiple choice poll or there were more voters, the results would be in line with what you said.
      • Forum-Pi
        • Oct 2017
        • 5.3.x

Hello, no I certainly do not have any addons or any custom CSS on our site. Since it did not look particularly nice, I hided this incorrect appearance of the latest poll (see my picture 1 above), by editing the view in this search module: from default to compact. So now this shows only the title of the poll, without any % or bars, and it is less compromising I think.

It seams that the problem is with this particular module, because it is actually the one which shows the poll on the home page and "decides" how it will appear to different viewers.

Comment