• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lorencamp@gmail.com
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.3.x

Sticky and Featured Options

I have several questions.

1) I am trying to move a post to the top of a Forum, and cannot get it to move. I am checking on the box next to the #4 topic item, then going to the top of the forum and clicking on the * and clicking on the Sticky Topic option. The post does not move to the top, what am I doing wrong?

2) What does the Featured option do?

3) I notice that the topics I post as Administrator are shaded in light blue; if we would like to shade other posts, how do we do that?

4) Occasionally when creating a new post of an upcoming event, there is no Calendar Option available. How do I add an event in Calendar when this happens?

5) The default value for Title is currently Junior Member, how do I change this to a default of Registered User when users sign up?

6) I would like to change the new user signup to include the ability to fill in some of the standard fields. I tried adding a new custom field called "Signature" but it does not fill in the Standard Signature field. This is causing problems with Signatures not working for some members.

Thank you so much

Loren
    Last edited by [email protected]; Sun 5 Nov '17, 6:24am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) Do you refresh the page afterward?

2) It provides a tag that is used in Search. The most visible usage right now is with the Content Slider module. By default, it only shows featured content.

3) It isn't an Administrator post that is shaded. The light blue is the shade of the Topic Starter post in the default software. There is no method to make your other posts the same shade.

4) You have to select Event as the content type when creating the topic. Otherwise, there will not be any Calendar functions. The only way to correct this at this time is to recreate the topic. There is no way to change from one content type to another.

5) You can change Titles in the AdminCP under "User Titles".

6) You cannot use custom fields to fill in standard fields without custom coding. Instead, you should use a Notice to inform people to fill out their signatures on the Account Settings page after they sign up.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lorencamp@gmail.com
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.3.x

1) In our forum, I have a Forum section called Upcoming Runs and Events. In that a thread is called Christmas Party. Post #4 is more important, so I would like to move it up to position 1 or 2. Th tat is what I’m trying to do. I get a message that it has been made sticky and will appear at top of topic, but it doesn’t move. Another example would be is there a way to make my response (#3) appear at the top of the list

3) Is there a way to shade the background of any post?

4) if I recreate the post, how do I get it back to the top of the thread?

thank you

loren

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

1) You cannot stick posts. You cannot rearrange the order of posts within a topic. You can only stick topics. Items in the Gear Menu apply to topics only. Items in the notepad menu apply to posts only.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	topicsvposts.png Views:	1 Size:	11.3 KB ID:	4380724

3) There is no simple way. You can use CSS to change any post by its unique identifiers or custom coding to change groups of posts.

4) You would have to recreate the post either as its own topic or use the copy post function to copy it to a new topic.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment