Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BulliM
    • Oct 2012

Change usergroup permissions

Need help. Most of the users report me, that they get a notification for flag repoorts. Because it was the first flag report ever, they and me don't know, how to deal with it. So I use some general update tools. But that doesn't solve the problem. So I've searched and found out, that all users of a new usergroup were informed about flag reports. That's what they seen:

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: notifications.jpg Ansichten: 1 Größe: 2,9 KB ID: 4380543

That's what the problem is:

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: MessageCenter.jpg Ansichten: 1 Größe: 54,2 KB ID: 4380544

As you can see, all registered users (green) have a link for "Moderation" what's okay I think. But other usergroup (based on registered users = red) have two more links underneath, so they received Flag Reports. Thats, what I want to change. How can I do this?

Because I have also some trouble with shown posts of private groups, I woul'd really like to reset all permissons of both usergroups (registered users, registered users plus) now. I already tried that on my test forums, but that wasn't successful, So I need help for that, too.
  • BulliM
    • Oct 2012

Seems the problem can be solved by denying that usergroup all permissions in channels "Infractions" and "Reports". Why is that so? Maybe I used an existent usergroup(ID:12) for creating the new usergroup? Cannot find out, what usergroup that was, because nowhere is information about default usergroups in vb5 - not even in official documentation. Perhaps I create a brand new usergroup for and switch all users into.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Receiving notices about flag reports and infractions are channel level permissions. You should be able to deny them on the home channel for groups that shouldn't receive them. If sub-channels of the home have custom permissions, you will need to update them for each custom permission set as well.

If the user is a blog or social group owner, they should receive reports from that group. However, you shouldn't assign users to the various "Channel" usergroups.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
        • Oct 2012

Thank you. I'll check that tomorrow.

Comment

• BulliM
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Receiving notices about flag reports and infractions are channel level permissions. You should be able to deny them on the home channel for groups that shouldn't receive them. If sub-channels of the home have custom permissions, you will need to update them for each custom permission set as well.
          Thats a good Idea, but that notification has nothing to do with groups. The flag report was in normal forums. All users of usergroup 12 (in my case 'registered users plus' I added poll permissions) get that report.

If the user is a blog or social group owner, they should receive reports from that group.
          I agree.

However, you shouldn't assign users to the various "Channel" usergroups.
          What else should I do? I've created a brand new usergroup (id:15) now, based on 'registered users' but users of the new group haven't exactly the same rights registered users (id:2) have. Why is that so?
          Last edited by BulliM; Tue 7 Nov '17, 12:19am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...