• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brassuk
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.0.x

Copying posts

Hi,

When I try to copy and paste one of my posts on the forum it pastes a link just as text on another forum and not as a link? How to get around this as when I paste it onto my forum it's still a link?

Thanks in advance
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.
    Note that we don't have any control over how anything shows up on other forums.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• brassuk
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.0.x

Hi Mark, I'm simply copying a forum post into a blog post but the link just shows as text on the blog post and all I'm doing is simply editing the forum post, select all and pasting to my blog.

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by brassuk
        Hi Mark, I'm simply copying a forum post into a blog post but the link just shows as text on the blog post and all I'm doing is simply editing the forum post, select all and pasting to my blog.
        I'm not sure if this is the same issue as we had, do you mean you want to add an actual link that is clickable and takes you to the post from the blog? If so you have to tick the "Automatically parse links in text" in the blog general settings - by using the little gear icon in the "about this blog" section.

Comment

• brassuk
          • Sep 2017
          • 5.0.x

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as we had, do you mean you want to add an actual link that is clickable and takes you to the post from the blog? If so you have to tick the "Automatically parse links in text" in the blog general settings - by using the little gear icon in the "about this blog" section.
          Not quite but thanks for your reply and that's very helpful to know should I choose to do so in the future.

I'm just trying to copy and paste a post on the forum which has a clickable link in it to a blog post but when doing this the link in the blog post becomes just text and not a clickable link.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

When you paste into the editor, we just copy what is in your clipboard. We don't alter it. Are you sure the content that you think is missing is actually in your clipboard? Many sites have javascript to append their URL to copied content. Some may replace the copied content with their URL. We have no control over this.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...