X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by tracks78
    Is the code for hooks persistent within a style even after a hook is deleted? I disabled and then even deleted the template hook to open advanced editor by default but it still opens the editor whenever I switch to a new style, thus I have to keep it on cool blue or it will always take users to the bottom of a linked thread.

Not sure why as I do not see that hook even listed in the templates under any style, the hook was deleted entirely from where you manage template hooks.
    There is actually a cookie that should be written to your machine to determine the status of the advanced editor. You'll need to delete that cookie.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tracks78
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.2.x

Is this cookie dependent upon the style itself? Because I can change the style, load up a test profile or even make a new profile in incognito mode, and go to a thread and it automatically opens the advanced same as if the hook were there.

If the cookie says something like 'if you use x style open advanced' is there a way to remotely overwrite that on the 10,000 users that are affected?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

When using hooks, they are applied to all styles.

When using the default cookie used by vBulletin, it doesn't take style into consideration.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tracks78
          • Oct 2017
          • 5.2.x

Okay sounds like it's not a hook then since the hook was uninstalled and the issue is not applied to all styles. It is applied to one style (cool blue) but not the other (gradient). Neither of these are the default.

Given that a new profile made in incognito will also load it up that doesn't sound like it either. Am I missing something here?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...