X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alfreema
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

Open Private Message Links in Current Tab

Is there a way to configure vBulletin 5.3+ to open the links that are automatically generated as private messages in the _current_ tab instead of opening a new tab each time?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Do you mean the links to the PMs themselves? These should open in the same tab.

If it's links to external sites, that are sent in PMs, these will open in a new tab or window and this behaviour cannot be changed without custom coding.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• alfreema
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
      Do you mean the links to the PMs themselves? These should open in the same tab.

If it's links to external sites, that are sent in PMs, these will open in a new tab or window and this behaviour cannot be changed without custom coding.
      So I have installed the DragonByte Thanks/Like plugin. When a user Likes a post, it auto-generates a private message. Inside that private message is a link to the original content that was Liked. That links opens in a new tab, but it links to the same site. It's not clear to me who generates that link (vBulletin or the Plugin), so I am not sure who to ask about that functionality.

This behavior also happens when you are quoted. The links inside the private messages that let you know you have been quoted also open in a new tab, and I don't think that has anything to do with a plugin.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Links in content open in new tabs. At this time, there is no way to change this without code modification
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• alfreema
          • Sep 2017
          • 5.3.x

Gotcha. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...