• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m97forum
    • Jun 2017
    • 5.3.x

vB-5.3.3: no link for "Email a Member" available

Hello,

in my Email settings (AdminCP -> Settings -> Email Options) Email functions have been enabled. Following the docu to that option "Email a Member" should be possible then.
    But navigating to a user's post, there is no link to send an email to the author of that thread.
    I haven't been able to find any other option that would sound like it was related to this problem nor could I find any forum help etc.

Please note: sending an email is working.
    Please note: no, I'm not talking about the Private Message feature here...

Can you help me please?

Thanks.
    Stefan
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The functionality to email users directly was removed. The documentation must be referring to an older version.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• m97forum
      • Jun 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hey Wayne,

thanks for your support.

1. well, I cite the option's description from AdminCP (see AdminCP - Settings - Options - Email-Options - Feature: Enable Email features), the phrase is named "setting_enableemail_desc".
      2. alright, let's just take it to be removed. Is there any way I can restore this functionality? I upgraded to vB-5.3.3 just on Tuesday and have received a couple of requests concerning this issue already.

Thanks a lot.

Stefan

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

As Wayne says, the functionality was removed. The options are still in the admincp, they will be removed at some point, but they do not do anything.

There is no way to restore this functionality, you would need custom coding.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The option in question turns off all email for the entire system. The items in the description are just potential examples. I'll create a JIRA to have the Email to Friend listing removed.

Administrators can send emails to individual users in the AdminCP. Go to the User's Profile, for example Users -> Search for Users. You can select Send Email to Users under the Quick Links drop down.

Users cannot email other users. They should use the Private Message and/or Visitor Messaging systems for that purpose.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...