X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brassuk
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.0.x

Forum titles

Hi all, could somebody please tell me how to put a title under where it says Directory and above the actual forum?

Thanks.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If you marked that first forum as a "Category" it would move into the gray area directly under the Directory Label. Its sub-forums will be moved up a level in the display as well.

You can make a forum into a category by going to the Channel Manager in Site Builder and clicking on the "Make Category" link. You can also change this in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Manager. Edit the forum in question and set "Act as Channel" to No. However, Categories can only contain other forums they cannot contain topics.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• brassuk
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.0.x

Hi Wayne,

Thats very helpful and thanks so much for your detailed explanation. It's much appreciated.

On a a side note and not sure if you could please help with this but basically my old phpbb forum has now been migrated to VB5 but the company that migrated it have said the members just need to reset their passwords but I don't see how this can happen? All the members are there on the new forum but can they login and reset passwords or do I as admin need to do something about this?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

When your imported users attempt to login, they will get a failure notice and a link to reset the password. As the Admin, you should create a notice or topic informing users of this step and help them reset their passwords if needed.

Once they reset their password, it will be stored in vBulletin 5's secure format.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment