X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlynD
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

VB5 Upgrade 5.3.2 to 5.3.3

I am currently expirencing issues with updating my vbulletin. I have followed the guide attached to download. Steps taken: Backup SQL/Root>Copy the new version Upload folder to exsisting root>. When I go to http://www.mysitename.com/forums/install/upgrade.php I get the URL does not exsist error. As well my site can still be turned on with old version present. Can anyone tell me what I am noobing up?
    Thanks
    -Ian
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Since you are upgrading from 5.3.2, you don’t need to delete the files before upgrading. In doing so, you removed the .htaccess file. You will need to replace that file and your modified config.php files to do the upgrade.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BlynD
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.3.x

I did not delete any files only copied. htaccess still remains. Do I need to still modify Config?

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

No.

Be aware that you upload the CONTENTS of the upload folder, not the upload folder itself.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BlynD
          • Sep 2017
          • 5.3.x

I did upload the contents. At this point im still getting the URL does not exist. If I just do a fresh install I can import my backup SQL and restore my forums content(posts)?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Add /core in the url

http://www.mysitename.com/forums/core/install/upgrade.php
            Last edited by glennrocksvb; Tue 10 Oct '17, 8:08am.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• BlynD
              • Sep 2017
              • 5.3.x

Same message. I know this should be simple. I promise I am competent and can follow directions. Did couple hours or research cause I didn't want site to be down this long. But what do you know lol thats my luck.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Reupload the core/install folder. Both URLs should work if all the files exist on the server. If it exists, then it is most likely a permissions error and you'll need to contact your hosting provider.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

Is your site in /forums folder?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• BlynD
                    • Sep 2017
                    • 5.3.x

I have followed steps 3 times. Folder permissions are correct as this is a upgrade and folders were merged, not deleted. Can i step back to my other question. It would seem easier at this point to just perform a fresh install. If I do that will I have the ability to import the backup SQL and restore posts/users?

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by BlynD
                      I have followed steps 3 times. Folder permissions are correct as this is a upgrade and folders were merged, not deleted. Can i step back to my other question. It would seem easier at this point to just perform a fresh install. If I do that will I have the ability to import the backup SQL and restore posts/users?
                      No, that won't work. Fresh install = no content or users.

This issue will be something simple. Can you please raise a support ticket with ftp credentials included so we can take a look?
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BlynD
                        • Sep 2017
                        • 5.3.x

Will do asap. Still at work myself, thanks for the quick replies.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by BlynD
                          If you restore a database after an install, you will be running 5.3.2 with 5.3.3 files. You would still have to run the upgrage. Doing a fresh installation would not solve your current problem.

The error is coming from Apache. The image above does not show permissions on the server. You should contact your hosting provider and ask why you're getting a 404 error when the files exist on the server.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BlynD
                            • Sep 2017
                            • 5.3.x

I have sent in a support ticket through member area. Per Waynes post I have also started one with hosting provider. Please see attached photos with permissions on Core and install folders.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

The images don't help me solve the problem. Your web server, Apache, is reporting the requested file is not found. Apache is not part of vBulletin and we cannot provide direct support for Apache. This is why your hosting provider has to get involved. The same would go for a support ticket submitted to us. We cannot configure or change Apache in any way. Therefore, we cannot resolve a permissions error where the file is being returned as "NOT FOUND."

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment