Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trendri
    • Mar 2012

[Bug / Issue] Vb 5 Blog Post going to Default Forum Page Template

I have been battling with vbulletin blog. When i create a members blog and post in the category the post redirect to my forum homepage. The actual blog post url will appear but the template been used is Default Forum Page Template. All the blog template keep showing Default Forum Page Template (forums).

I have to maunlly edit the template each time i post new blog.

Anyway to resolve this?
    Make Money Forum |Insurance Forum |Personal Finance Forum | Personal Finance Q & Ans
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Sounds like you reused the forum template as your blog template for some reason. You can reset the Blogs page to use its default template by using tools.php.
    1. Reupload your /core/install directory to the server.
    2. Upload tools.php from your do_not_upload folder to /core/admincp
    3. Load tools.php in your browser. https://yoursite.com/vBulletin_path/admincp/tools.php
    4. Run the Restore Pages tool.
    5. Select the Blog Pages.
    6. Submit.
    7. Delete /core/admincp/tools.php
    8. Delect /core/install

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trendri
      • Mar 2012

I just did exactly as you mention above the issue still persist. One Member Blog will open normally including all the post within. But other member blog and it post will redirect to the forum home page.

You check it out yourself http://www.trendri.com/blogs?tab=memberblog-tab

Click on the Business Member Blog it takes you to the Forum if you click on the second member blog it takes you to the content within.
      Make Money Forum |Insurance Forum |Personal Finance Forum | Personal Finance Q & Ans

Comment

• Trendri
        Trendri commented
        Editing a comment
        This what happens if a member create a member blog it uses this Default Forum Page Template.
        So i have to manually change the Member forum template to Default Blog Template to correct the issue.
        In addition Admicp-setteings-Blog Option-Default Page Template...there is no blog template.
    • Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

If that wasn't the issue, this isn't something that can be solved in the forums. You'll need to open a support ticket and include access to the server so someone can look at the issue to determine what is going on.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment