• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ketanco2
    • Aug 2008
    • 5.2.x

how to arrange menus at the top

Hello,
    I want to make the articles tab at the top disappear. how to do it?

Also I want to display a link to my main website.
    for example, my forum site is roboticmagazine.com/forums
    and on the home page, i want to display a link to roboticmagazine.com
    how can i do it?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1. Click "Edit Site".
    2. On the Site Builder Menu that appears, click Navigation Bar.
    3. Click on the trash can icon next to Articles.
    To add a new tab, click on the button to add a navigation item and fill out the form.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Forum-Pi
      Forum-Pi commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, I was a bit lost here and could not find the more appropriate place to post my question. I see you are probably online now, could you please read my question below, I am not sure if someone will read my comment here. Thank you and I am sorry for any inconvenience.
  • ketanco2
    • Aug 2008
    • 5.2.x

thanks!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

You can also drag and drop nav items around to rearrange the order.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Forum-Pi
        • Oct 2017
        • 5.3.x

Navigation Bar does not save the editing of the names!

Hello. Please look at the pics attached. I want to change the name "Groups". In may case it called "Gruppen". So I go to the Main Navigation Bar to Edit the "Gruppen" (1)
        Then I change the name to the "Gruppen vor Ort", press OK and it all looks changed. (2)

Then I click "Save" and see that the new name appears fine. (I will upload two more pics below). But as soon as I log out as Admin - in this very second the old name "Gruppen" is on the forum again! As if no changes have been made.
        Last edited by Forum-Pi; Tue 7 Nov '17, 3:54pm.

Comment

• Forum-Pi
          • Oct 2017
          • 5.3.x

So I can see the new name "Gruppen vor Ort" as long as I am logged in as Admin (3). But when I am logged out or logged in as another user, I can see only old "Gruppen" (4) and no signs of the new name which I just edited via Navigation Bar. Why? What can I do about it?

Thank you.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

You don't change page names via the Navigation Bar. If it is changing for the Admin, that is a bug. To change the name of a page, you need to click Edit Page and then save that page.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Forum-Pi
              • Oct 2017
              • 5.3.x

Thank you. But if you are not supposed to change the page names via the Navigation Bar, then why the option "Edit" is there? Via Navigation Bar I have changed the name of the Page "Calendar" to "Kalender" (see 1 and 2 pics), and yes I also changed and saved it in the Edit Page as you say. It is on the forum alright.

However when I go through the same steps with the "Groups", it refuses to save the new name properly and show it on forum for everyone.

I did what you said anyway and in the Edit Page I saw that the name of the page is correct (the one I want), but I saved it again. Still, I see the new name only when I am logged in as Admin.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

The navbar simply changes the name of the tab, not the name of the page. They re two entirely separate operations.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Forum-Pi
                  Forum-Pi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, thank you! That is exactly what I needed - to change the current name of the tab "Gruppen" to another "Gruppen vor Ort". It makes more sense in my forum. As I said, once I had "Calendar" name of the tab, and then I changed it to "Kalender" via navbar. All good. But how do I change the "Gruppen" tab name for another, if the problem is that my navbar does not keep it changed when I logged out as Admin?

• Forum-Pi
                  Forum-Pi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I must refrase my question above: "..if you are not supposed to change the names of the tabs via the Navigation Bar, then why the option "Edit" is there?"

Still, I think that if the option "edit" is available, that means the name must be changeble... if I use the edit option and it does not save the changes, that looks like maybe it is not working well..
              • Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

The page name is not part of the navbar. It never was part of the navbar. It isn't even part of the header template. They are two very different phrases.

Page names cannot be translated and whatever name is used when you save for Edit Page will be shown for everyone. This is shown in the Page Title Module on the page. If it doesn't update, then something is preventing you from writing to that database table.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

I think what Forum-Pi was referring to is the navbar item name is only changed for Admin. For guests and other members, the navbar item name still displays the old name.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Then the Admin is using a different language than guests and other members. navbar link phrases are translated.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Forum-Pi
                      • Oct 2017
                      • 5.3.x

Do you think it is possible to change the name of the tab via Styles? If I change it in Styles, then Navbar will not be able to sabotage this name change

if yes, then could you please tell how exactly to do this. Thank you.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

There is no supported method to change the names here via Styles. However, you can edit the Header template to do whatever you want. Knowledge of vBulletin Tags and HTML will be necessary. You may be able to receive help at https://www.vbulletin.org or the https://vbmods.rocks websites.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment