X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleiding
    • Jan 2012
    • 5.3.x

[Bug / Issue] Sphinx Search error after upgrading from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3

I just upgraded from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 and followed the instructions as described here regarding Sphinx Search.

When I make a new posts, I now get the following error (followed by a database error email):

Error Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO vbulletin( id, title, content, contenttypeid, lastcontentid, parentid, starter, starterparent, starteruser, closure, depth, userid, authorname, setfor, sentto, showpublished, approved, showapproved, viewperms, featured, inlist, protected, votes, lastcontent, created, publishdate, unpublishdate, prefixid, tagid, textcount, trendingweight, eventstartdate, eventenddate, titlesort ) VALUES ( 1567227, '', ' :\\) \n', 30, 1567227, 937, 937, 31, 601, (1567227,937,31,14,2,1), '{"n1567227":0,"n937":1,"n31":2,"n14":3,"n2":4,"n1":5}', 2, 'Rob', 0, (), 1, 1, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1506595871, 1506595871, 1506595871, 0, 0, (), 0, 0, 0, 0, '' );
    Switching to DB Search resolves this issue.

What can I do to return to Sphinx Search?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Did you delete your Sphinx index and rebuild it after upgrading to vBulletin 5.3.3?

When we add fields to the search index, the Sphinx index needs to be deleted and rebuilt using the new configuration files provided in the download. This was stated in the release announcement. Also, make sure you're using the latest version of Sphinx for best compatibility.

vBulletin 5.3.3 Connect is now available to all licensed customers. It is encouraged that all customers upgrade as soon as possible. New Search Modules We've added
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Fleiding
      • Jan 2012
      • 5.3.x

I deleted the search index, but was rebuilding it while the forum was open. Should I close the forum and wait until the search index has been rebuilt completely?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

You should not... There is actually a bug in searchindex.php that causes it to fail if the forums are turned off. Will have to ask for further guidance from the developers.

Can you post the full error including the error codes?

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Fleiding
          • Jan 2012
          • 5.3.x

Please see below:

Database error in vBulletin 5.3.3:

Invalid SQL:
          UPDATE vbulletin SET trendingweight = 0 WHERE trendingweight > 0;

MySQL Error : sphinxql: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting FROM or ',' near 'version'
          Error Number : 1064
          Request Date : Thursday, September 28th 2017 @ 10:24:50 AM
          Error Date : Thursday, September 28th 2017 @ 10:24:51 AM
          Script : https://www.xxx.nl/forum/ajax/apidetach/cron/run
          Referrer : https://www.xxx.nl/forum/
          IP Address : xx.xx.xxx.xxx
          Username : Rob
          Classname : vBSphinxSearch_Connection
          MySQL Version :

Stack Trace:
          #0 vB_Database->getErrorData() called in [path]/vb/database.php on line 1188
          #1 vB_Database->halt() called in [path]/vb/database/mysqli.php on line 201
          #2 vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query() called in [path]/vb/database.php on line 542
          #3 vB_Database->query_write() called in [path]/packages/vbsphinxsearch/core.php on line 229
          #4 vBSphinxSearch_Core->indexTrending() called in [path]/vb/library/search.php on line 52
          #5 vB_Library_Search->indexTrending() called in [path]/includes/cron/trending.php on line 18
          #6 include_once([path]/includes/cron/trending.php) called in [path]/includes/functions_cron.php on line 250
          #7 exec_cron() called in [path]/vb/api/cron.php on line 69
          #8 vB_Api_Cron->run() called in [path]/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 199
          #9 vB_Api_Wrapper->__call() called in [path]/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 164
          #10 vB_Api_Wrapper->callNamed() called in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 87
          #11 Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi() called in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php on line 360
          #12 vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight->handleAjaxApiDetached() called in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php on line 185
          #13 vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight->execute() called in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/forum/index.php on line 41

Comment

• Fleiding
            • Jan 2012
            • 5.3.x

I'm running searchindex.php at the moment while the forum is open. It is working, but I keep getting this warning:

indexing Text nodes, 75000 / 1035666 (9 s) 7% , speed 111 nodes/s, ETA 2 hours, 24 minutes and 14 seconds

PHP Warning: APCuIterator::__construct() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/forum/core/vb/cache/apcu.php on line 320

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Is apcu.php a third-party file? Calls creating the object need to be updated to pass the proper variable type to the constructor.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Fleiding
                • Jan 2012
                • 5.3.x

I changed apc.php in /core/vb/datastore/ to apcu.php so I could use APCu. Changed cache settings in /core/includes/config.php to:

$config['Cache']['class'][0] = 'vB_Cache_APCu'; //regular cache
                $config['Cache']['class'][1] = 'vB_Cache_Memory'; //fastest cache
                $config['Cache']['class'][2] = 'vB_Cache_APCu'; //largest cache and longest life.
                5.3.3 is working fine with these settings, but only searchindex.php is giving errors.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

We most likely suppress those warnings on the web version of the software. There are a lot of notices and warnings hidden behind the display_error setting in your php.ini and we set different levels in the software depending on whether you're in debug mode or not. Your CLI version of PHP could be using a different version of a php.ini and not have display errors turned off.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment