• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plongeur.com
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.2.x

recaptcha not valid anymore after error in registration form

Hi,

I did some testing on the registration process and i found that every the form contains an error (mandatory field not filled, not same password, ...), if you just correct the mistake you get a recaptcha error afterward so you can't register. Even though the recaptcha is still checked on the page.

You acutally have to refresh the page and retype the entire subscription form.

I am using recaptcha 2, it would be nice to have a solution to keep the recaptcha valid through the process, or at least be able to just redo the recaptcha without loosing the fileds of the form.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

An improvement request JIRA would have to be created for this. The answer is to probably do the validation with Javascript before actually submitting the form.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      The answer is to probably do the validation with Javascript before actually submitting the form.
      I haven't confirmed this issue yet but submitting the registration form does an ajax request and if there are validation errors, they will be displayed without reloading the page. If there's really an issue, I'm guessing it's the Recaptcha 2 not being reset after validation errors are encountered.

​​​​

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• plongeur.com
        • Mar 2017
        • 5.2.x

yes, it would be OK to just reset the recaptcha and let the user do it again.
        But since the recaptcha stays with the "ok" status, the user has no choice but to reload the page, and loose the whole form.

Comment

• plongeur.com
          • Mar 2017
          • 5.2.x

OK i created the jira : http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17744

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

I tried replicating this issue in 5.3.3 but I can't. I did a password mismatch on purpose, verified Recaptcha 2 and then clicked Complete Signup button. When the validation error occurred, I corrected the password and clicked Complete Signup again and then registration went successful.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• plongeur.com
              • Mar 2017
              • 5.2.x

well i just did it again.

I think it might work in some case and not on error. For sure it does not work on missing mandatory field.

Comment