Is there a way to make a public topic in a private channel?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenoah
    • Jun 2017
    • 5.3.x

Is there a way to make a public topic in a private channel?

Hi everyone.

I have a helpdesk on my forum on which only admins, mods and the user who posted the topic, can see the topic.
    This means that if an admin want's to place a topic in which instructions/guidelines are posted aren't seen by the members.

This has been done by changing the permissions from the members : Usergroups -> Channel management -> Helpdesk (The channel name) -> Members (The usergroup name) -> Can View Others' Topics : NO

Is there a way in which I can create a topic which is visible for everyone in the Members group?

Thanks upfront,
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is no way to create a public topic in a private channel at this time. What you can do is post your rules in a public channel and then use HTML in a Notice to point users to that location. You can create Notices in the AdminCP under Notices -> Add New Notice. You can set its options to only show in that private forum. Or if the rules are short enough, you may be able to post them directly in the channel.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...