X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dany.eudes
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

Whos is online AJAX error

We are getting some strange behavior at Who is Online page with AJAX calls. First of all, the page loads right as expected. When we go to bottom navigation bar and click on to go the second page, so the error occurs. See the attached picture. Then the same error repeats over and over with a interval of a few seconds. We returned to the default original English language and also to the default theme, but the error persist. We have the DragonByte Advanced User Tagging (vB5) [Beta] (demo version)installed and we disabled it, but that has no effect to our problem.

We migrated our vB4 to vB5 5.3.2 Level Patch 1, which we downloaded from the Member Area and uploaded it to a complete brand new directory following the manual instructions.
    The database was converted from LATIN1 to UTF-8 (utf8_unicode_ci). All things seemed to run very well and smoothly.

The AJAX url is ajax/api/wol/refreshUsers.

I checked the response and it seemed to be the Who is Online hmtl code itself.

Any help will welcome!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dany.eudes; Thu 14 Sep '17, 4:04am.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

I'd download a fresh copy of the files from the members area, unzip them, and upload them to the server, taking care to overwrite what's already there.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Enable debug mode. Then try again. Check the response. It will contain HTML code containing the detailed error stack trace. Post the error here. If you can't see the error, copy the entire HTML code, paste it in an editor and save it as .html and then load it in the browser.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• dany.eudes
        • Sep 2017
        • 5.3.x

Thank you all for replies.
        As I said we downloaded a file in Members Area named vb5_connect_5-3-2_Patch_Level_1_VBxxxxxxx and we uploaded it to a brand new directory.
        I already reupload the folder includes/b5/frontend without better results. Now I'll enable Debug Mode and post the logs here as you suggested.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by dany.eudes
          Thank you all for replies.
          As I said we downloaded a file in Members Area named vb5_connect_5-3-2_Patch_Level_1_VBxxxxxxx and we uploaded it to a brand new directory.
          I already reupload the folder includes/b5/frontend without better results. Now I'll enable Debug Mode and post the logs here as you suggested.

What I mean in my post is that you should download a fresh copy, unzip it and overwrite the old files with the new.

This is to rule out corrupted files.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------

Comment

• dany.eudes
            dany.eudes commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll do that right now after download a fresh copy from Members Area. I'll will come back and comment here. Thank you for your reply.
        • dany.eudes
          • Sep 2017
          • 5.3.x

So, I selected some log lines that I think maybe relevant. If you need more please let me know.
          Was it required to install the previous version to only then install the current version Patch Level?
          [EDIT] That was before upload a new fresh copy to prevent corrupt files.

Code:
          INFO - time: 1505394230.03
          TRACE - ================================================================================
           In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/logwrapper.php:55 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:getTrace
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php:87 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:__call
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php:87 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:callNamed
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php:327 called Api_Interface_Collapsed:callApi
          In file [B][COLOR=#FF0000]unknown:unknown called vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight:handleAjaxApi[/COLOR][/B]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php:185 called call_user_func
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/index.php:41 called vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight:execute
          ================================================================================

INFO - time: 1505394135.49
          TRACE - ================================================================================
           In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/logwrapper.php:55 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:getTrace
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wol.php:156 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:__call
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wol.php:156 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:fetchMusername
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wol.php:299 called vB_Api_Wol:fetchAll
          In file [COLOR=#FF0000][B]unknown:unknown called vB_Api_Wol:refreshUsers[/B][/COLOR]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api.php:278 called ReflectionMethod:invokeArgs
          In file [B][COLOR=#FF0000]unknown:unknown called vB_Api:callNamed[/COLOR][/B]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wrapper.php:129 called call_user_func_array
          In file [COLOR=#0000FF]unknown:unknown called vB_Api_Wrapper:__call[/COLOR]
          In file [COLOR=#0000FF]unknown:unknown called vB_Api_Wrapper:callNamed[/COLOR]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/logwrapper.php:68 called call_user_func_array
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php:87 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:__call
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php:87 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:callNamed
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php:327 called Api_Interface_Collapsed:callApi
          In file [B][COLOR=#B22222]unknown:unknown called vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight:handleAjaxApi[/COLOR][/B]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php:185 called call_user_func
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/index.php:41 called vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight:execute
          ==

INFO - time: 1505394135.49
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wol.php:156 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:__call
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wol.php:156 called vB_Api_Logwrapper:fetchMusername
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wol.php:299 called vB_Api_Wol:fetchAll
          In file [B][COLOR=#B22222]unknown:unknown called vB_Api_Wol:refreshUsers[/COLOR][/B]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api.php:278 called ReflectionMethod:invokeArgs
          In file[COLOR=#B22222][B] unknown:unknown called vB_Api:callNamed[/B][/COLOR]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/wrapper.php:129 called call_user_func_array
          In file [COLOR=#0000FF]unknown:unknown called vB_Api_Wrapper:__call[/COLOR]
          In file [COLOR=#0000FF]unknown:unknown called vB_Api_Wrapper:callNamed[/COLOR]
          In file /home/myvbulletin/public_html/forumfolder/core/vb/api/logwrapper.php:68 called call_user_func_array
          In file [B][COLOR=#B22222]unknown:unknown called vB5_Frontend_ApplicationLight:handleAjaxApi[/COLOR][/B]
          ================================================================================

Last edited by dany.eudes; Thu 14 Sep '17, 6:02am.

Comment

• dany.eudes
            • Sep 2017
            • 5.3.x

As suggested, we uploaded all files: first we uploaded the fresh zip file to the server, extracted it there, shutted the forum down and moved all the files over the old ones. Then we deleted the installation folder and came back online. But when I tested the page again I received the same error.
            Any new suggestions are welcome.
            Last edited by dany.eudes; Thu 14 Sep '17, 1:47pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Did you run the upgrade script? You have to do that if the previous version was less than 5.3.2. If you were already in 5.3.2 and just applying the patch level 1, then you only need to upload the patch files (not the whole package) to the server and no need to run the upgrade script.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• dany.eudes
                • Sep 2017
                • 5.3.x

Yes! I ran the script from a linux ssh terminal and upgraded from version 4 to version 5. Everything went well! That's drive me crazy.
                I noted also when I'm saving a edited post a AJAX error happens. The post is saved though.

My installation is in a subdirectory, so we have a .htaccess in www root as following:

Code:
                RewriteEngine on
                Options +FollowSymLinks

ErrorDocument 404 /404.shtml
                ErrorDocument 403 /404.shtml
                ErrorDocument 401 /404.shtml
                ErrorDocument 400 /404.shtml

RewriteRule ^oldfolder/(.*)$ /newfolder/$1 [R=301,NC,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.*)$ [NC]
                RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%1/$1/newfolder [R=301,L]
                Many thanks for your support.

Comment

• dany.eudes
                  • Sep 2017
                  • 5.3.x

Debugging AJAX calls we see that the response is not a JSON format, but it's the HTML from Who is Online page. Is it normal?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

If you temporarily remove that .htaccess file in the root, does it work then?

vB5 relies heaviliy on its own .htaccess file and it's not uncommon for such a file on the level above to interfere.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------

Comment

• dany.eudes
                      • Sep 2017
                      • 5.3.x

We temporarily removed that .htaccess file in the root, but this did not work. The error persists. Definitely we need a illumination!
                      Thank you for your suggestion.

Any new suggestions are welcome.
                      Last edited by dany.eudes; Thu 14 Sep '17, 1:37pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                        Enable debug mode. Then try again. Check the response. It will contain HTML code containing the detailed error stack trace. Post the error here. If you can't see the error, copy the entire HTML code, paste it in an editor and save it as .html and then load it in the browser.
                        dany.eudes, please do this and post the exact errors generated.

Comment

• dany.eudes
                          • Sep 2017
                          • 5.3.x

I attached the raw log file here. During that time I clicked on navigation bar buttons in Who is Online page to navigate to page 2 and 3 and so on and I got that error each time.
                          Maybe the log had info about other users access. Search by 'In file unknown:unknown called vB_Api_Wol:refreshUsers' string. I deleted part of the end to fit the upload limit.
                          Last edited by dany.eudes; Fri 15 Sep '17, 6:10pm. Reason: I deleted the log files here for security reasons.

Comment

• dany.eudes
                            • Sep 2017
                            • 5.3.x

We have some news. Looking the HTML code from Who is Online page, I found this part as following:

HTML Code:
                                <div class="l-col__large-2 b-table__cell has-avatar-xx-small">
                                    Today, 19:45
                                </div>

<div class="l-col__large-3 b-table__cell has-avatar-xx-small">

Viewing User Profile <a href="[ARG:2 UNDEFINED]"></a>

&nbsp;

</div>
                            Maybe this could be related with that error. What is missing there and where I could find that to check it out?

[EDITED]
                            I found the template piece of code that is related to this part. It's onlineuser_details template from Default vB5 Style.

Code:
                                <div class="l-col__large-{vb:var columnSizeSecondary} b-table__cell<vb:if condition="$user['showavatars']"> has-avatar-xx-small</vb:if>">
                                    {vb:datetime {vb:raw onlineUser.lastactivity}}
                                </div>

<div class="l-col__large-{vb:var columnSizePrimary} b-table__cell<vb:if condition="$user['showavatars']"> has-avatar-xx-small</vb:if>">
                                    {vb:set userAction, {vb:raw onlineUser.wol.action}}
                                    {vb:rawphrase {vb:raw userAction}, {vb:raw onlineUser.wol.params}}
                                    <vb:if condition="isset($onlineUser['location'])">
                                        <div title="{vb:raw onlineUser.location}" class="wol-location h-right vb-icon vb-icon-question-blue"></div>
                                    <vb:else />
                                        &nbsp;<vb:comment>VBV-7685 div collapses when empty</vb:comment>
                                    </vb:if>
                                </div>
                            Last edited by dany.eudes; Fri 15 Sep '17, 3:22pm.

Comment