X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trent Manary
    • Jun 2015
    • 5.1.x

Site suddenly broke

I ran some db repair with tools.php... I can't figure out why it suddenly started behaving this way after being operational forever. The only errors I can find are
    Code:
    [06-Sep-2017 18:36:26 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: privacy_options in /home/consult9/gowgaming/core/vb/api/user.php on line 306
    [06-Sep-2017 18:36:26 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: userid in /home/consult9/gowgaming/core/vb/api/user.php on line 372
    [06-Sep-2017 18:36:26 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: userid in /home/consult9/gowgaming/core/vb/api/user.php on line 372
    [06-Sep-2017 18:36:26 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: lastactivity in /home/consult9/gowgaming/core/includes/functions_bigthree.php on lin$
    [06-Sep-2017 18:36:26 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: username in /home/consult9/gowgaming/core/vb5/route/profile.php on line 101
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Firstly, why did you run the repair tools?
    What problem caused this to be necessary?
    Which specific tools did you run?

You should never run database repairs unless a specific problem crops up that requires it - it's not a "routine maintenance" type of task, and doing it can break things.

Currently I can see that the site loads, but with no CSS.
    Can you get into the admincp?
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trent Manary
      • Jun 2015
      • 5.1.x

Hi - this problem was happening and it was general troubleshooting that had worked on a previous server awhile back. It seems there is a lot of routing issues too as well Click image for larger version

Name:	00f1db909a.png
Views:	89
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	4377155.
      There were no significant changes to the vbulletin install. the server is shared but nothing significant has changed on it that I know of.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Nothing breaks on its own. Something must have changed.

What is your vBulletin version?
        What is your php version?
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trent Manary
          • Jun 2015
          • 5.1.x

Lol I agree nothing breaks on its own, I suppose I should rephrase and say that nothing was changed that I know of.

vBulletin 5.3.2
          PHP 7.1

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The error in the image is a DNS routing issue, not a vBulletin software issue. The browser is saying that the domain name gowgaming.com does not resolve to a valid IP and the page cannot be loaded. Have you changed anything in your DNS settings in the last 48 hours? The domain does resolve for me currently. However, your server isn't set up for rewriting URLs via mod_rewrite (Apache) or URL Rewrite (IIS). Or the .htaccess (Apache) file or web.config (IIS) file is missing from the root directory.

As for the warnings in the first post, they are unrelated and you should not run a production server with display_errors set to On in your php.ini file.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trent Manary
              • Jun 2015
              • 5.1.x

Unless the provider changed something on the server nothing has changed, all the nameservers for the domain have stayed the same. I agree that it's likely a routing issue... could that perhaps cause the strange loading on the site as well?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

The strange loading on your site is because URL Rewrite isn't working for some reason. Hosting providers change and update servers all the time so if something "suddenly breaks" the server configuration is the first thing to look at.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trent Manary
                  • Jun 2015
                  • 5.1.x

Excellent, thank you guys for the help and insight! It is much appreciated!

Comment