X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baobabit
    • Feb 2016
    • 5.1.x

How do I upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin

Hi, please can you issue some basic instructions for how to implement an upgrade. I have downloaded the latest version but now what do I do with it?

Should I use FTP to delete all the existing files on the server and replace them with the new version (having taken a backup of course) or should I upload all the new files into the existing folders on the server, overwriting any duplicates?

What steps are then likely to follow? (so I recognise if things haven't worked correctly)

Is there any chance that future versions of vBulletin could simply this process? A good example is WordPress where you simply log in to the Control Panel and click a link to update the version installed.

Many thanks, Adam Collis
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Full instructions on how to upgrade can be found in the 'vb5readme.html' file inside the ZIP file or via our online manual here:

I believe an option to follow the same method as Wordpress has been raised but it's not likely any time soon.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• baobabit
      • Feb 2016
      • 5.1.x

Thanks. That worked nicely this morning. Funnily enough, I had looked for a file called "readme" and totally overlooked vb5readme.html. Typical user ;-)

Comment