X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adkaush
    • Nov 2016
    • 4.2.x

vBulletin 5.3.0 Upgrade to 5.3.2

I have a fully functioning vB 5.3.0 forum software. As I see, a couple of security patches were released .. 5.3.1 PL1 and 5.3.2 PL1

Should I just apply the patches or should I download the whole vBulletin 5.3.2 package and upload that over-writing the previous files?

Upgrading/updating is always very confusing to me. Sorry if I sound noobie, I am new to vB 5 Connect.

Thanks for the help!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You would have to download the entire package of 5.3.2 in order to upgrade.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• adkaush
      • Nov 2016
      • 4.2.x

Thank you Wayne, I upgraded the forum software as you mentioned. Everything seems to be working just fine, just one small niggle ..

After upgrading the forum, when I browsed to the forum admin, I get this message ... Out-of-date Custom Templates Found!

And when I click on the link, I get these ...

Is there anything I should do at this point? I don't really want to lose my custom pages that I put together through site builder, especially all the CSS that put together in Custom CSS file.

Please guide me through this and I will be able to bring my forum Live again. Until then, I can't take the forum out of maintenance.

Thanks Wayne!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

You, or whoever edited those templates, should compare the changes made between the version that was edited and the current templates. There could be functionality that doesn't work correctly as a result.

For the CSS templates, you should really NOT change these - add any changes to the css_additional.css template as this is called last and will override any CSS for the same classes in the default templates.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• techtech3d
          • Jun 2013
          • 4.2.X

Updating from 5.3.1 to 5.3.2:

Do I overwrite all the 5.3.1 files? Seems like a lot of files would be overwritten, favicon changed, etc. Is this necessary as there are a lot of security issues? I'll update but wanted to make sure I need to overwrite all those files. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Overwrite all the files except favicon.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

In case you modified any of the PHP files except config.php, you will have to re-apply the changes. Either way, you need to backup all the files before overwriting.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment