X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ismell
    • Aug 2017
    • 5.3.x

thinking about buying vconnect for enhanced modification

hi im a new customer to vbulletin - only 5 days and I LOVE IT.
    my question is, is it possible to move all the content of my current vbulletin (which is on vcloud) to godaddy?
    Yes, I am thinking about buying vconnect license but can the transfer be done?
    Just want to make sure before I purchase.
    Thanks
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Yes you can. Just make a request for a copy of the database of your vBCloud forum.

Btw, GoDaddy is not known to be a good host for vBulletin.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• ismell
      • Aug 2017
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      Yes you can. Just make a request for a copy of the database of your vBCloud forum.

Btw, GoDaddy is not known to be a good host for vBulletin.
      thanks for reply Glenn
      I was actually going through some of your posts and googling search "best host for vbulletin"
      no one gives direct name of a company but i gathered that linux is important, memory, cpu allocation.

so many options. tmdhosting (if im allowed to say the company name here) seems spot on, godaddy deluxe linux is also looking good

everyone things godaddy is the best since they are the larges ICAN in the world. probably wrong perspective but i got all my eggs with godaddy at the moment....
      they are good from amateur point of view? dont know.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

As a company, we cannot recommend individual hosts. GoDaddy does tend to have some issues with running vBulletin, though it does depend on what plan you go on. Their VPS setup is usually quite good.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...