X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ismell
    • Aug 2017
    • 5.3.x

How to show gender within profile bit as Vcloud customer

I have been googling heaps on this topic.
    How can I show gender of my members. This is very important as it is a sort of dating site/forum.
    Apparently, I cant edit the template if I'm vcloud.
    Also most of the hacks on vbulletin.org is for 3.x 4.x none are 5.x
    Is there anything I can do because without the gender showing, i'm blown out of water.

really looking forward to your reply

thank you
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Assign the users to gender based secondary usergroups. So you would create a usergroup for each gender and assign users as appropriate. Then create a User Rank for each group to show the appropriate marker in the user's post.

You can ask for Gender on registration using the custom profile field functionality.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ismell
      • Aug 2017
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Assign the users to gender based secondary usergroups. So you would create a usergroup for each gender and assign users as appropriate. Then create a User Rank for each group to show the appropriate marker in the user's post.

You can ask for Gender on registration using the custom profile field functionality.
      im nearly there. but how do i move the registered user to gender based secondary usergroups automatically?
      at the moment, they stay in registered users until i manually move them into gender-male or gender-female

this is a HUGE problem for me please help me thank you

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

They would have to be manually moved. There is no method to move a user based on a value in a custom profile field. This applies to both Cloud and Connect. If you had Connect, you could add custom programming to move them.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ismell
          • Aug 2017
          • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          They would have to be manually moved. There is no method to move a user based on a value in a custom profile field. This applies to both Cloud and Connect. If you had Connect, you could add custom programming to move them.
          first of all thank you so much for your prompt replies. i really apprecate it, you are truly wonderful

ok. let me take a deep breath.

HOLY FRAPPIN COW!! manually move every registration?!? please dont call me lazy but i am interested in making my life little easier. can i pay extra for this to be implemented?

its a romance/dating forum and without gender is just URGGH!

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ismell

first of all thank you so much for your prompt replies. i really apprecate it, you are truly wonderful

ok. let me take a deep breath.

HOLY FRAPPIN COW!! manually move every registration?!? please dont call me lazy but i am interested in making my life little easier. can i pay extra for this to be implemented?

its a romance/dating forum and without gender is just URGGH!
            This isn't a feature of the software so yes it would have to be done manually.

There's no way to add custom code to the Cloud platform. If you took the self hosted option you could pay a third party to code this, however that isn't a service vBulletin as a company can offer.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

We do add features requested by customers to the software. This happens on a regular basis even if it isn't as prompt as some customers would like. I created a feature request to be able to automatically show custom profile fields in the post display automatically a couple of years ago. It would fit your needs. I recommend that if you want this functionality added, that people vote for it. The more customer votes an item gets the more important it becomes and the likelihood of being implemented increases.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...