X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • William Thomas Jr
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

Long Delay

I'm getting a long delay when making a post or creating a new thread, even posting in the private messenger, or doing anything that requires client side input to the server like performing admin or moderation functions such as deleting threads etc.

This delay has only occurred in the last week. Right around the time I installed Vb 5.3.2 but I have no evidence to suggest that something from the latest revision is causing my issue. Is there anything that I can do to narrow down or isolate where the bottle neck is? I have disabled all products and hooks via config file and the issue remains. I have disabled Cloudflare and the issue remains.

The site itself is lightening fast with page load times of 2-3 seconds: https://www.christforums.org

It is only when posting or creating posts or performing moderation duties that the client side browser says"sending to christforums" and then it just waits near 15-30 seconds for a response.

Here's a screen shot of the delay:

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.3.2 delay.jpg Views:	1 Size:	205.3 KB ID:	4375333
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

This has been going on since i purchased in April, so it's not a revision situation IMO. To put a response anywhere is slow as molasses min 15 seconds usually more. The only thing that seems have decent is when editing a word on a post. I too would like to know how to speed things up it's almost like were on dial up.
    I'm on the cloud
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 11 Aug '17, 5:25am.

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
      William Thomas Jr commented
      Editing a comment
      This is exactly what I am experiencing. Editing a post is quick, it is only thread creation and post responses that are ridiculous.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

William Thomas Jr have you run the two cache clearing queries?
    Code:
    DELETE FROM cache
    DELETE FROM cacheevent
    Carrfixr if you're experiencing delays on the cloud platform, please send us a support ticket so we can investigate: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent,, Thanks Mark
      Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 11 Aug '17, 10:06am.

• William Thomas Jr
      Editing a comment
      Made no difference Mark. Can you follow up, especially after any findings with Carrfixr
      Last edited by William Thomas Jr; Fri 11 Aug '17, 12:32pm.
  • William Thomas Jr
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
    William Thomas Jr have you run the two cache clearing queries?
    Code:
    DELETE FROM cache
    DELETE FROM cacheevent
    Carrfixr if you're experiencing delays on the cloud platform, please send us a support ticket so we can investigate: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport
    Mark.B This is something urgent on my behalf. It is highly annoying to members. I'd be happy to pay to have this resolved through the ticket system. Can you either follow up here after discovery with Carrfixr, or instruct me to purchase and create a support ticket?

Thanks,
    William

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

How many subscriptions do you personally have?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
        • Nov 2014
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        How many subscriptions do you personally have?
        1. Just to the blog I created.

William

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You don't subscribe to topics that you create or reply in?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
            Editing a comment
            And just to note. One of the first things I did was to try another group type account. It isn't only me, but all members are experiencing this issue. The issue has only become apparent for the last week. My host A2 has performed extensive server tests and says the server is performing below the norm or with great performance.
        • William Thomas Jr
          • Nov 2014
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You don't subscribe to topics that you create or reply in?
          Under subscriptions, I have only one that is my blog. I only have notifications set for whenever someone replies to me, quotes, or mentions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	4375532

William

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
            • Nov 2014
            • 5.1.x

Seems like same issue. This doesn't look good for me: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...sluggish/page3

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
              • Nov 2014
              • 5.1.x

Just purchased premium support for this one issue: Ticketid: 1619387

Thanks,
              William

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Go to Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics and run an Email check. Does the email send function work? I've seen this issue when the delay comes from the system trying to send emails (when a new post or topic are made) and the mail server settings have changed somehow and the program waits for the mail to timeout before posting. It can also happen if all of a sudden the system is sending many emails for each post instead of none or one or two. (Such as if Moderator permissions were changed to send a copy to everyone.)

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                  Go to Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics and run an Email check. Does the email send function work? I've seen this issue when the delay comes from the system trying to send emails (when a new post or topic are made) and the mail server settings have changed somehow and the program waits for the mail to timeout before posting. It can also happen if all of a sudden the system is sending many emails for each post instead of none or one or two. (Such as if Moderator permissions were changed to send a copy to everyone.)
                  Thanks Joe, but no luck.

Diagnostic says, No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check [email protected] shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.
                  I checked the email and it says,

You are receiving this email because your email address was entered as an email test at Christforums.

The first step of this email test script has been completed. However, a formatting test is still necessary:

A paragraph break.
                  A single line break.

Another paragraph break.
                  Another single line break.
                  Another single line break.

If the above lines look correct, you are finished. The email features on your server are setup correctly.
                  If this email is run together on one line, there is possibly a configuration error with your mail server. Please ensure it is configured correctly.
                  I also verified that no moderators are receiving emails for every forum posts. That had been an issue in the past.

William

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Related to what Joe said, in the email settings, are you using an smtp server there?
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
                      • Nov 2014
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                      Related to what Joe said, in the email settings, are you using an smtp server there?
                      No, and just for FYI this issue has only recently occurred in the last week. Sometime after updating to 5.3.2. My headache came when the server suffered a ddos attack. When it came back online I noticed the issue. The problem is both happened during the same time period I did the upgrade.

I recently reuploaded all files and reran the upgrade.php, but nothing was resolved. I contacted the server host A2 and they assure me there is nothing on their end after performing server tests. I contacted them back and they again assured me it is not on their end.

I am also using PHP 7.1.8 and I downgraded to 7.0+ and even 5.6 but no matter which php version the issue is still present.

The site is very quick loading on all pages, except when posting, creating a post, or performing moderation duties. Anything which requires it seems to POST.

Editing or liking etc are lightening quick.

Just for fyi.

Thanks in advance,
                      William

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
                        • Nov 2014
                        • 5.1.x

This delay now only appears to be in my admin account. I just tested with moderator and the issue is no longer present. Are you guys working on it?

Comment