X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vl-tvs
    • Aug 2017
    • 5.3.x

Invalid Page URL

I've done a bit of searching here on this, but haven't gotten a good answer. Seems that every time it's come up, support picks up the ball and runs with it and it gets repaired without a good "this is why it's doing it". If I've missed that, apologies in advance.

Here's what I have.

New board, fresh install of 5.3.2. Everything seems to be running normally, except...
    金年汇是中国最安全的体育平台【信誉大平台】提供金年汇最新网址,金年汇官网入口,金年汇app下载,金年汇手机版,金年汇平台24小时为您服务!更多体育活动等着您。

Problem 1:
    Built the forum structure - but VB seems to be having issues with the URL for each category. Very noticeable on the "model specific chat". Hover over the categories and look at the URLS, is that normal for VBulletin?

Problem 2:
    One of the topics I posted under model specific chat, specifically 356RL Specs, it throwing the above error: "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Issue 3: (not really a problem)
    It's showing 30 topics but there's only 6. Is this common?

Everything else seems to work pretty good. I've clicked just about every link at least once, and these are the only problems. Any suggestions in getting these "fixed"? I'm wondering if I should delete these forums and remake them.

Thanks in advance

Todd
    Last edited by vl-tvs; Mon 7 Aug '17, 3:28pm.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) Your categories and forum channels are using the default URLs built into the system. If you want to change them, you need to click on the channel link to enter it. Then click "Edit Page" in Site Builder. Click "Save Page". On the next dialog, you can change the URL to what you want it to be. Please note, that changing the channel name does not change the URL.

2) That topic appears for me as a guest without any problems. Did you change the channel permissions in any way? Does the user that you're testing with have permission to view that Channel? You can view channel Permissions in the AdminCP under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions.

3) It is actually showing 30 starter nodes. Each channel is a node. Each topic starter is also a node. So that would be the total of channels plus nodes. Posts is also ambiguous this way for a new site. As your site gains topics, these numbers become closer to accurate. They are intended to give a rough value to interested people, they are not intended to be used as statistics for business purposes.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment