X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • William Thomas Jr
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

Can't see video or image threads created in profiles through media ablums

If I create a video in my profile media the thread is not viewable by any user group including super admin.

First I create the video link

Click image for larger version  Name:	create video.jpg Views:	1 Size:	314.0 KB ID:	4375200

Then I post it and verify it is created:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Video Thread Created.jpg Views:	1 Size:	367.7 KB ID:	4375201

Then I can't view the content of the thread. Even replies are not viewable:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Can't view thread.jpg Views:	1 Size:	335.0 KB ID:	4375202

In the Albums category you can see the thread but clicking it results in a blank: https://www.christforums.org/special/albums
  • William Thomas Jr
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

I get the same problem here on this site. When I click the music album that I created for a video it doesn't display the thread.

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
      • Nov 2014
      • 5.1.x

And here on Vb dot com. Click any of the threads and they do not open: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/special/albums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I can see and play the video thread here on vb.com when I click into your Music Album.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20170807130843.png
Views:	64
Size:	632.8 KB
ID:	4375239

Though from your experience it seems buggy or less intuitive than it should be. Special/Albums isn't designed for direct access. They removed that back in the Beta and haven't replaced it. No links should appear to that location anywhere in the software. I suggest writing up your experiences as JIRAs so we can improve the process and availability of this style of content.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
          • Nov 2014
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Special/Albums isn't designed for direct access.
          I can't see it here on vb.com when I try to open it Wayne. Is there a permissions setting preventing me from opening the albums here on vb.com too?

What you have expressed seems to be the issue I am having. Just curious as to whether you can open any of the special albums in the below link. If so, then it would indicate permissions not set up right? Even here on Vb.com? As is right now a person creating a video link etc in their profile media albums just creates content that goes into a black hole. Once the album is created it can't be opened again on my site to see any responses a person might of received on the media they posted.

None of these too are opening for me. Did you see this here on Vb.com? https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/special/albums

If this is only a permissions issue can you provide the proper settings. Again, I am unable to even open the album created here on Vb.com.

Thanks,
          William
          Last edited by William Thomas Jr; Mon 7 Aug '17, 1:15pm.

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
            • Nov 2014
            • 5.1.x

Created a Jira: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17570

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Permissions on the Special Channels shouldn't be changed at any time. Nothing should open when you go to Special/Albums. That is not the correct way to open this content.

You need to access it from your profile by clicking on the Media Tab and then entering the Music folder that you have created. It is not designed to be accessed by any other means.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
                • Nov 2014
                • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Permissions on the Special Channels shouldn't be changed at any time. Nothing should open when you go to Special/Albums. That is not the correct way to open this content.

You need to access it from your profile by clicking on the Media Tab and then entering the Music folder that you have created. It is not designed to be accessed by any other means.
                Just to verify. When clicking the album the content appears but there are two links circled in red that lead to the special/albums directory:

Name:	two links to albums.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	4375257

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 5.1.x

And when someone posts two links one to the thread and the other to special/albums appears in the latest topic module:

Name:	latest reply links.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	420.8 KB
ID:	4375260

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

According to the design that was stated to me, those links would be bugs.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
                      • Nov 2014
                      • 5.1.x

Looks like the Jira I completed is a duplicate of this one: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16886

It is considered a "minor" bug but it is presenting headache for me because people using the forum keep clicking the links and reporting the issue. Hope that it is escalated because this has existed since 5.2.5 and still exists.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ssfnl
                        In addition, there is also the bread crumbs link in the left top corner of the pages: Home > Special > Albums. Clicking "Special" results in an error message about not having the rights to view this page. From a user's perspective, I would not rate this a minor issue.
                        The goal would be to fix the links so they go to the proper pages and the Special channel wouldn't be shown at all.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment