Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voiponline
    • Oct 2007

Moderating a topic

I'm running 5.3.2 and I can't moderate topics anymore. The admincp panel says there are 2 topics to moderate. The message center says there are 4. When I try to moderate them it throws me to the homepage. I finally went through "Today's Posts" and moderated everything. Now admincp says 0 and message center says 2. I figure this difference is way I can't moderate through the message center anymore and it always just throws me to the homepage. Any idea how I can get the message center to agree with admincp and I can moderate posts again?
  • voiponline
    • Oct 2007

So I have a question since it looks like I'm going to have to figure this out on my own. When I try to do the "Fix Unique Indexes" it says to "Please ensure that the mysql-schema.php file is present in the install folder on your web server before continuing". If I do that, I can't be in admincp because it's a security risk. How are you suppose to be able to run this?

Comment

• voiponline
      • Oct 2007

Well. I can't moderate topics anymore and this place has turned into a Ghost Town. I guess I really do need to consider Xenforo. I always upgrade when the new release comes out, but 5.3.2 is the worst I have seen. I get posts that have too many redirects. The admincp topics to moderate don't match the message center topics to moderate so it gives me errors and I can't moderate topics at all.

If anyone can tell me how to moderate in the database I would appreciate it, but from my posts above I'm not expecting a response.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Sorry for the delay in response. There is a bug that prevents some topics from appearing properly in the search.

There isn't enough information to provide a response. It isn't advisable to edit the database directly. You can create a database backup and run the Node Check and Route Repair tools located in the tools.php file. To use tools.php, you would have to upload the file from your do_not_upload folder. It should go in /core/admincp. You will also need to restore your /core/install directory to use it. Your site should be turned off while these tools are running.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment