X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antony Echeagaray
    • Aug 2017
    • 5.3.x

Can't install the software.

Hello yesterday i bought the license, and since then, im trying to install it on my server with no success, i've done what the installation guides say about the config files and everything but at the moment when i need to go to the install.php file path i get this error:

Notice: Undefined variable: mysqlversion in /home/innova_awiwi21e/innovacion-awiwi.com/upload/core/vb/database.php on line 1259

Notice: Undefined variable: vboptions in /home/innova_awiwi21e/innovacion-awiwi.com/upload/core/vb/database.php on line 1262

I don't know what i'm doing wrong.. can anyone help me please? I've seen a ticket some hours ago but looks like they are really busy..
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

What version of PHP are you running? The latest version requires a minimum version of PHP 5.6 and MySQL 5.5.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Antony Echeagaray
      • Aug 2017
      • 5.3.x

It's 7.0

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

And what do you have for the Database class in /core/includes/config.php? It should be mysqli. You also need to make sure the mysqli library is installed in PHP. It is not installed by default on Windows servers.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Antony Echeagaray
          • Aug 2017
          • 5.3.x

I do have mysqli and the hosting where i want to install the forum is a dreamhost VPS, so im not really sure if the php have this already or not

Edit: The MySQL version is 5.6 and they enabled mysqli library on the server, the problem persists.
          Last edited by Antony Echeagaray; Tue 1 Aug '17, 4:59pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Do not include the 'upload' folder when you upload the files. Not related with the issue but still important to note.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Antony Echeagaray
              Antony Echeagaray commented
              Editing a comment
              I included it because i want the installation to be inside a subfolder later i will change the name of the folder to something else, but still cant fix the main problem...

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              I see. I mentioned because I have a client who included the upload folder and didn't rename it so their site has /upload in the url.
          • Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

You'll have to open a support ticket so someone can look at the server configuration. You will need to provide SFTP access.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Antony Echeagaray
              • Aug 2017
              • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              You'll have to open a support ticket so someone can look at the server configuration. You will need to provide SFTP access.
              I actually did before posting here and someone replied this :

Hello.

DISPLAY_ERRORS should not be enabled within PHP on a live server. You should make sure this is turned off. YOur host can assist with this.

Best regards,

Comment

• Antony Echeagaray
                • Aug 2017
                • 5.3.x

Thank you everyone, the problem is solved, at the end was the database server it wasnt localhost, it was different so i had to ask step by step with dreamhost support team to find where was the problem, now i can install, Thank you all! you can mark this as solved.

Comment