Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in ..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adkaush
    • Nov 2016
    • 4.2.x

[Resolved] Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in ..

Forum version: vBulletin 5.3.0 Connect
    PHP version: 5.6
    1. The forum was working absolutely fine till last night (IST). Now after 8 hours I visited the forum and got a couple of warnings right up the top of the forum related to disk quota exceeding (feel bad that I did not take a screenshot of the warnings).
    2. Cleared system cache through forum administration panel. Those couple of warnings did not go away.
    3. Optimized and repaired tables through forum administration panel and all went wrong.

Right now the forum is not loading (Forum: IndianVapers.com)

Coming up with this error ...

Code:
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in .../vb/permissioncontext.php on line 358 Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in .../vb/permissioncontext.php on line 358 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../vb/vb.php:1133) in /home/indiana/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php on line 432[/FONT][/COLOR]  [B]A System Error has occured.[/B]

The software is experiencing a systems error.

You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs again, please contact the [EMAIL="[email protected]"]site administrator[/EMAIL].
    Enabled debug in config.php and this is the error it shows ..

Code:
    Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in .../vb/permissioncontext.php on line 358 Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in .../vb/permissioncontext.php on line 358 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../vb/vb.php:1133) in /home/indiana/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php on line 432 Error :[B]API Error[/B]
    [B]Error:[/B] php_error_x
    [B]Args:[/B]  
     array (   0 => 'Fatal error: The requested language does not exist, reset via tools.php. in .../vb/session.php on line 786 ', ) on line 1165 in /home/indiana/public_html/core/vb/vb.php
    I was suggested to upload tools.php file to /core/admincp/
    I also uploaded the tools.php to /core/install

Tried from both the folders but when I try to load tools.php file from this location, it comes up with this error ...

Code:
    [B]API Error[/B]
     array (   0 => 'Fatal error: The requested language does not exist, reset via tools.php. in .../vb/session.php on line 786 ', )
    Any ideas what could have gone wrong? What can I do to fix this problem?

Would appreciate any lead into solving this issue. I googled for this error but the errors take me back to 2010 with vB4. Don't see any similar posts for vB5 Connect.

Regards.

======================================

Fix for the problem:

1. Through PHPMyAdmin .. Optimize all tables. It came up with showing a few tables corrupt.
    2. Through PHPMyAdmin .. Repair all tables. On most tables it said OK but on a few the message was a bit different ..

The forum is working and everything seems to be intact. Don't see any data missing so far.

Hoping this helps others who run into this problem. Read the discussion below for full details ..
    Last edited by adkaush; Wed 26 Jul '17, 7:28pm.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

What vB version are you using?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• adkaush
      • Nov 2016
      • 4.2.x

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the reply!

It is VB 5 Connect 5.3.0
      PHP version is 5.6

I was supposed to update to 5.3.1 but couldn't find enough time to do so. And this happened in the meantime.

Read some articles and enabled the debug mode in config.php and this is what I get when I try to access the forum from the front end ..

Code:
      Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in .../vb/permissioncontext.php on line 358 Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in .../vb/permissioncontext.php on line 358 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../vb/vb.php:1133) in /home/indiana/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php on line 432 Error :[B]API Error[/B]
       array (   0 => 'Fatal error: The requested language does not exist, reset via tools.php. in .../vb/session.php on line 786 ', ) on line 1165 in /home/indiana/public_html/core/vb/vb.php
      Last edited by adkaush; Wed 26 Jul '17, 5:50am.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

The error message has a suggestion. It says the requested language does not exist, reset via tools.php.

Upload the tools.php from the do_not_upload folder of the 5.3.0 package to the /core/admincp folder. Also upload the /upload/core/install folder to the /core folder of your vB root folder. Then run this in the browser: <your forum base url>/admincp/tools.php.

After you're done, delete all the files/folder you uploaded.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• adkaush
          • Nov 2016
          • 4.2.x

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the reply.

I just followed the steps you mentioned.

Uploaded the tools.php to /core/admincp folder
          Uploaded the install folder to /core/
          Tried opening the tools.php file .. indianvapers.com/core/admincp/tools.php

But same error coming up ..

Code:
          [B]API Error[/B]
           array (   0 => 'Fatal error: The requested language does not exist, reset via tools.php. in .../vb/session.php on line 786 ', )

Comment

• adkaush
            • Nov 2016
            • 4.2.x

Hello,

Please advise what should I try doing.

Not too sure if it has anything to do with /home/indiana/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php on line 432 Error

Line 432 shows ..

It looks to be a problem with charset or something. Do you think that could be the problem?

Sorry, I'm just going nuts with looking into different things. Don't wish to make any changes without guidance, I'll end up creating further issues.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
            Andy.

Comment

• adkaush
              • Nov 2016
              • 4.2.x

Is the problem with some files or is the problem with the database? Please give me some clues that I can work on ..

Thanks.

Comment

• adkaush
                • Nov 2016
                • 4.2.x

Something off I noticed .. When I go through PHPMyAdmin and check my database structure .. it shows some of the tables "in use". Doesn't look normal ..

Is there any co-relation between the problem I am facing with the forum and those "in use" tables?

And all collations are showing latin1_swedish_ci ... is this normal? I don't think I ever did anything to select that.

Comment

• adkaush
                  • Nov 2016
                  • 4.2.x

Whoa! The forum just came back to life ...

All I did ..

1. Through PHPMyAdmin .. Optimize all tables. It came up with showing a few tables corrupt.
                  2. Through PHPMyAdmin .. Repair all tables. On most tables it said OK but on a few the message was a bit different ..

For heaven's sake, don't know what will work and what will not work on the forum. I hope I did not lose any data ..sigh.

Will report back if I lost anything on the forum.

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

The message about the storage engine is completely normal.

You may have had a crashed table.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment