Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Post Count Error

I have one member whose posts are being counted twice in the post count. She has twice as many posts as the site has in total. This is only occurring with one member.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

I should add if the usual crap worked I wouldn't be posting this. None of the clearing cache or general update tools fix the issue.

5.3.1, All browsers, all devices. One user whose post counts are off by double.

Comment

• shining
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.2.x

In the profile the album pictures are also counted each picture as a post... maybe that is the reason?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

In vBulletin 5, it actually counts nodes created by the person. This includes posts, channels, private messages, visitor messages, blogs, groups, etc...
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• In Omnibus
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          In vBulletin 5, it actually counts nodes created by the person. This includes posts, channels, private messages, visitor messages, blogs, groups, etc...
          Understood but it's counting each one twice. The entire site has 1,238 posts. Her post count is 2,165.

Does it also count image attachments as a separate post? That's the only thing that would account for the discrepancy.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Each image attachment is a separate node so they should be counted as such. The issue is noticeable on smaller sites. As sites build and there is more content, the discrepancy becomes less noticeable.

There are few outstanding JIRAs on this issue. Here are a couple of them:

We've also done some work in it in the past:

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• In Omnibus
              In Omnibus commented
              Editing a comment
              So, it's a major bug which affects a large number of users from January 20th, 2015? And everything that has been worked on between then and now has been a higher priority? I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

• Wayne Luke
              Wayne Luke commented
              Editing a comment
              There isn't a lot of feedback on the issue and priority doesn't actually mean importance. There have been many other important bugs that have been fixed. I can try to bubble it up after more important issues relating to search, permissions, and moderation are resolved. You can also comment and vote on the issues to provide more customer impact information to increase their importance.

• In Omnibus
              In Omnibus commented
              Editing a comment
              You must admit that system is a bit confusing to the casual observer. Yes, I concur there have been many other important bugs and other issues resolved. The developers have done a fine job of resolving hundreds of issues. But the primary selling feature of the product (the ability to connect with Facebook) still doesn't work correctly, although apparently this has been resolved in the upcoming 5.3.3 release, and image attachments count as separate nodes which count as separate posts which cause user titles, ranks, and promotions to be entirely off. For a new site that relies entirely upon these two functions to work it's not a good situation. Anything that can be done to encourage the implementation of this issue as a priority would be helpful.