how do I find the instruction with setting up Paid Subscription with Papal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imgnrm
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.3.x

how do I find the instruction with setting up Paid Subscription with Papal?

Hello,

Would you please let me know how to set up paid subscription with papal?
    I set up 'Subscription Manager' and 'Payment API Manager' and created 'Pay Now' button in Paypal.
    After this, what should I do to show the pay now button on my website so that paid users can pay with that button and see the 'it's successfully charged' page and then to go back to the forum page the user was browsing..

Please advise me.

Thank you very much always.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

We don't use "Pay Now" buttons with paid subscriptions. The instructions are in our manual: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/a...mentapi_paypal
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• imgnrm
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.3.x

Thanks, I set it all. then how/where do set up a specific forum to be paid subscription? I can't find it.
      And where should I use the url(e.g: http://www.example.com/forums/paymen...?method=paypal) provided by Paypal? I clicked it but it's not showing anything but the error message as below:
      I installed vbulleting not in forums/folder just in the root. is it a problem causing this?

Please advise me.

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
        • Apr 2015
        • 5.5.x

When you setup a paid subscription in the AdminCP, there is a section that asks what usergroup you'd like subscribers to be moved to. Most paid subscription users create a custom usergroup or designate a usergroup other than Registered Users as a paid group. Once you've created or chosen a usergroup to be the paid group for that subscription, go to Channel Permissions and adjust the permissions for that channel.

AdminCP > Channel Management > Channel Permissions
        Find the forum/channel you want to be for the paid group and adjust the permissions for each usergroup so only the paid group and Administrators (and Moderators if you want them to see it) Can View Channels > YES.

As far as the URL, I am unsure about that. As Wayne said, we do not use Pay Now buttons. Can you explain a bit more what that is for?
        -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -- Ads available for the modules globally
        -- Global modules
        -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

www.example.com/forums would be changed to your site's URL and path. It is just provided as an example.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• imgnrm
            • Mar 2017
            • 5.3.x

what I was wondering is how/where the specific usergroup pay. I set up the specific usergroup to use that forum by giving them permission to a forum but the forum didn't ask them to pay and they can just read/write right away without being requested to pay for paid subscription (I guess I set up all by following all the instructions you guys gave me but I can't find the page where the usergroup can pay. at what point does the usergroup pay when registering or clicking the paid subscription forum? and I would like to see how the paypal payment page looks like? where can I find the page? I have no idea..how this works.
            Can anyone show the vedio on youtube for specific usergroup to approach the paid subscription forum and how they pay through paypal API?
            or would you anyone please provide a website build with vbulletin and has paid subscription so that I can see the payment page?

Sorry for bothering you so much. but I couldn't find any solution and I don't even see how it works even after setting up all you instructed.

Thanks always.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Users can find subscriptions that are available for purchase on their profile/Subscriptions Tab:

You can add a link to this at the top of your forum using a notice so that users have a quick link to go make the purchase.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
                • Apr 2015
                • 5.5.x

If users, "can just read/write right away without being requested to pay for paid subscription" then you need to adjust the Channel Permissions for your usergroups. Paid Group X, whatever the name is for your chosen paid usergroup, should be the only group with Can View Channels set to YES, in addition to Administrators and Super Moderators.
                That means all of the other Usergroups needs to have Can View Channels set to NO from the Channel Permissions.

And as Trevor said, users can choose the subscription they want to use from their settings. Upon choosing a subscription, they are redirected to the payment gateway, PayPal, to make payment.
                -- Global modules

Comment

• imgnrm
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 5.3.x

Thank you very much for the instructions.

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 5.5.x

You're welcome! Let us know if you need more help with this.
                    -- Global modules

Comment

• imgnrm
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 5.3.x

Just one more question! : )
                      Where can I change the name of the button "Order Using Paypal" in User Settings?

Please advise me.

Thank you always~

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

That would most likely be a phrase. You can do a search under Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases. Search for "Order Using" and then you can edit the phrase using the tools provided. Put your text in the translation box for your language(s).

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• imgnrm
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 5.3.x

Thank you. I put all including paypal.

Comment

• imgnrm
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 5.3.x

Just wondering when the Paid Subscription Length ends, what will happen to these user groups in two cases:

Case1. When I selected User's Primary Group as 'No changes' and Additional Group as "GroupA",
                            Case2. When I selected User's Primary Group as 'GroupA' and No Additional Group

What will happen to the user's groups after paid subscription period ends in case1 and 2?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 5.7.X

Case 1: The Additional usergroup will be removed
                              Case 2: The user will be reverted back to the usergroup they were in immediately prior to taking the subscription
                              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...