Publish to facebook disabled !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merenguista
    commented on 's reply
    Facebook makes things difficult. I will wait.

• Kevin Sours
    commented on 's reply
    We've run into some technical difficulties and it's probably going to a few days before we get anywhere with this.

• Merenguista
    commented on 's reply
    thank you.

• Kevin Sours
    commented on 's reply
    We haven't done it yet, but once we manage we'll be sure to provide you with any details we can.

• Merenguista
    replied
    Kevin Sours of course i did. i show the post on my timeline.

i show them all detailed step-by-step instructions for how to see this permission the same way people using your app would.

like that :

1- As register user, go to https://www.e-taalim.ma.
    2- choose English language at the Bottom right of the website.
    3- At the top right, login to your account.

To make a test, Here is a test account :

Email :

[email protected]

password :

4- At the top right click on your username. (UserTest in your cas)
    5- Select user setting.
    6- Click on Acount tab.
    7- At the bottom, click on "Connect with facebook" icon.
    8- Allows the application to access to your profile.
    9- Press on "save changes" bouton.
    10- Now if you want to publish your topic, blog entry, or article, to your facebook timeline, you have to check the "Publish to facebook" box which appears at the bottom of each topic, each blog entry, or each article. And after that, click on "Post" bouton to submite your topic.
    11- You can make a test here :

9- Go to your facebook account, The link of your topic, blog entry, or article, was shared on your timeline with a short description.

Please If you have successfully obtained the "publish_actions" Submission approved, let me know how, and give me your screencast so I created An identical one.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Sours
    commented on 's reply
    Honestly I don't. Did you show the resulting post on your feed? We're going to be doing this shortly for vb.com and perhaps we'll learn something. They've tightened things up considerably since the last time I made major changes, but frankly the documentation for the policy has never been very clear.

• Merenguista
    replied
    Kevin Sours Unfortunately they have not approved the "publish_actions" Submission !!!

I made a video to show them how publish to facebook work but they said :

Do you have an idea how i can show them how the content is published to Facebook from my vbulletin app ?

Leave a comment:

• Merenguista
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Sours
    It *should* work for the "app developer" facebook account. It does in all of my local testing but FB is ... particular about things and I've found that things that work fine for me don't always work for other people.

You're right, Now I'm waiting for their "publish_actions" Submission answer !

They may be testing the application.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Sours
    replied
    It *should* work for the "app developer" facebook account. It does in all of my local testing but FB is ... particular about things and I've found that things that work fine for me don't always work for other people.

Leave a comment:

• Merenguista
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Sours
    Okay, so the main problem is on Facebook's side. Your app can't, by default request the "publish_actions" permission from users -- this is required for this feature to work. If you click on "Allow us to publish to your facebook feed" it's *suppose* to pop open a facebook window and allow you to give the app permission to post for you. It appears rather than show an error Facebook just closes that window when the app attempts to request a permission it's not allowed to. I'll see about providing a better error message on the vBulletin end, but to get this to work you are going to need to go through Facebook

If you go to your app, select "app review" and then "Start a Submission" you'll be given a list of permissions to request. Select "publish_actions" from the list and then follow the steps to request approval.
    Kevin

I followed your instructions, and i try to start a "publish_actions" Submission.

But on the last steps it tells me :
    Upload screencast

We need to see your app using publish_actions so we can see that it doesn't violate our policies. Upload a video screencast walkthrough using any method, (even recording with your phone).

I can't made a video to see how publish_actions work because the Publish to facebook does'nt work as i said in that topic !!

We need to see your app using publish_actions so we can see that it doesn't violate our policies. Upload a video screencast walkthrough using any method, (even recording with your phone).
    Drop your video file here
    You must show:
    1. How a person starts your app and logs in to Facebook login
    2. How a person shares to Facebook from your app
    3. How the post looks on the person's Facebook timeline after posting

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Sours
    replied
    Okay, so the main problem is on Facebook's side. Your app can't, by default request the "publish_actions" permission from users -- this is required for this feature to work. If you click on "Allow us to publish to your facebook feed" it's *suppose* to pop open a facebook window and allow you to give the app permission to post for you. It appears rather than show an error Facebook just closes that window when the app attempts to request a permission it's not allowed to. I'll see about providing a better error message on the vBulletin end, but to get this to work you are going to need to go through Facebook

If you go to your app, select "app review" and then "Start a Submission" you'll be given a list of permissions to request. Select "publish_actions" from the list and then follow the steps to request approval.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Merenguista
    commented on 's reply
    That's why I have reported this issue in JIRA.

• In Omnibus
    commented on 's reply
    I can't even get the box to appear on my test installation. I'll be curious to see what is causing this issue.

• Merenguista
    commented on 's reply
    I did now.

• Merenguista
    replied
    Done : Publish to facebook box is disabled.

Leave a comment: