• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merenguista
    • Jul 2010
    • 5.3.x

Publish to facebook disabled !!

hello

I just creat my facebook app perfectly, but after, i can't publish my content to facebook.

The Publish to facebook box is disabled , i can't check it.

• Merenguista
    • Jul 2010
    • 5.3.x

Hello Glenn Vergara Do you know who might be the cause of this issue ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Did you click on the blue link labeled "Allow us to publish to your facebook feed"? You have to grant permission so vBulletin can post to your Facebook.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Merenguista
        Merenguista commented
        Editing a comment
        sure i did, but without result ..
    • glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

What Wayne said. Clicking that link will trigger FB asking for your permission to publish to FB. If you allow, it will enable the checkbox and hide the link.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Merenguista
        Merenguista commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing happens when I click on "Allow us to publish to your facebook feed"
    • glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Do you see any JS error in the JS console when you click the link?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Merenguista
        Merenguista commented
        Editing a comment
        no error when i click on the link. Please feel free to make a test. i send you my user test information to login and make a test.
    • Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Sounds like a bug and a regression from a previous version. Though, I don't know what version. Probably 5.3.0, since that is the last time we looked at Facebook Connect. It should be reported in JIRA.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Merenguista
        Merenguista commented
        Editing a comment
        My forum run the 5.3.1 version .. Can you please report that as bug on JIRA ?

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        It is best if you create a JIRA for the issue that you're experiencing. This way if there is additional information needed, you can be notified as such.

• Merenguista
        Merenguista commented
        Editing a comment
        I did now.
    • Merenguista
      • Jul 2010
      • 5.3.x

Done : Publish to facebook box is disabled.

Comment

• In Omnibus
        In Omnibus commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't even get the box to appear on my test installation. I'll be curious to see what is causing this issue.

• Merenguista
        Merenguista commented
        Editing a comment
        That's why I have reported this issue in JIRA.
    • Kevin Sours
      Lead Developer
      • Apr 2008
      • 5.5.x

Okay, so the main problem is on Facebook's side. Your app can't, by default request the "publish_actions" permission from users -- this is required for this feature to work. If you click on "Allow us to publish to your facebook feed" it's *suppose* to pop open a facebook window and allow you to give the app permission to post for you. It appears rather than show an error Facebook just closes that window when the app attempts to request a permission it's not allowed to. I'll see about providing a better error message on the vBulletin end, but to get this to work you are going to need to go through Facebook

If you go to your app, select "app review" and then "Start a Submission" you'll be given a list of permissions to request. Select "publish_actions" from the list and then follow the steps to request approval.
      Kevin

Comment

• Merenguista
        • Jul 2010
        • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Kevin Sours
        Okay, so the main problem is on Facebook's side. Your app can't, by default request the "publish_actions" permission from users -- this is required for this feature to work. If you click on "Allow us to publish to your facebook feed" it's *suppose* to pop open a facebook window and allow you to give the app permission to post for you. It appears rather than show an error Facebook just closes that window when the app attempts to request a permission it's not allowed to. I'll see about providing a better error message on the vBulletin end, but to get this to work you are going to need to go through Facebook

If you go to your app, select "app review" and then "Start a Submission" you'll be given a list of permissions to request. Select "publish_actions" from the list and then follow the steps to request approval.
        Kevin

I followed your instructions, and i try to start a "publish_actions" Submission.

But on the last steps it tells me :
        Upload screencast

We need to see your app using publish_actions so we can see that it doesn't violate our policies. Upload a video screencast walkthrough using any method, (even recording with your phone).

I can't made a video to see how publish_actions work because the Publish to facebook does'nt work as i said in that topic !!

We need to see your app using publish_actions so we can see that it doesn't violate our policies. Upload a video screencast walkthrough using any method, (even recording with your phone).
        Drop your video file here
        You must show:
        1. How a person starts your app and logs in to Facebook login
        2. How a person shares to Facebook from your app
        3. How the post looks on the person's Facebook timeline after posting

Comment

• Kevin Sours
          Lead Developer
          • Apr 2008
          • 5.5.x

It *should* work for the "app developer" facebook account. It does in all of my local testing but FB is ... particular about things and I've found that things that work fine for me don't always work for other people.

Comment

• Merenguista
            • Jul 2010
            • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Kevin Sours
            It *should* work for the "app developer" facebook account. It does in all of my local testing but FB is ... particular about things and I've found that things that work fine for me don't always work for other people.

You're right, Now I'm waiting for their "publish_actions" Submission answer !

They may be testing the application.

Comment

• Merenguista
              • Jul 2010
              • 5.3.x

Kevin Sours Unfortunately they have not approved the "publish_actions" Submission !!!

I made a video to show them how publish to facebook work but they said :

Do you have an idea how i can show them how the content is published to Facebook from my vbulletin app ?

Comment

• Kevin Sours
                Kevin Sours commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly I don't. Did you show the resulting post on your feed? We're going to be doing this shortly for vb.com and perhaps we'll learn something. They've tightened things up considerably since the last time I made major changes, but frankly the documentation for the policy has never been very clear.
            • Merenguista
              • Jul 2010
              • 5.3.x

Kevin Sours of course i did. i show the post on my timeline.

i show them all detailed step-by-step instructions for how to see this permission the same way people using your app would.

like that :

1- As register user, go to https://www.e-taalim.ma.
              2- choose English language at the Bottom right of the website.
              3- At the top right, login to your account.

To make a test, Here is a test account :

Email :

[email protected]

password :

4- At the top right click on your username. (UserTest in your cas)
              5- Select user setting.
              6- Click on Acount tab.
              7- At the bottom, click on "Connect with facebook" icon.
              8- Allows the application to access to your profile.
              9- Press on "save changes" bouton.
              10- Now if you want to publish your topic, blog entry, or article, to your facebook timeline, you have to check the "Publish to facebook" box which appears at the bottom of each topic, each blog entry, or each article. And after that, click on "Post" bouton to submite your topic.
              11- You can make a test here :

9- Go to your facebook account, The link of your topic, blog entry, or article, was shared on your timeline with a short description.

Please If you have successfully obtained the "publish_actions" Submission approved, let me know how, and give me your screencast so I created An identical one.

Comment

• Merenguista
                Merenguista commented
                Editing a comment
                thank you.

• Kevin Sours
                Kevin Sours commented
                Editing a comment
                We've run into some technical difficulties and it's probably going to a few days before we get anywhere with this.

• Merenguista
                Merenguista commented
                Editing a comment
                Facebook makes things difficult. I will wait.