Search result not matched for queries with "-" or German characters (ä, ö, ü, ß)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndoktoruser
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Search result not matched for queries with "-" or German characters (ä, ö, ü, ß)

Hi,

everytime I have a query which includes "-", no results are found. Example: "NATO-Partnerschaft".
    Even though this exact text is written in a post.

Everytime I have a query which includes German characters (ä, ö, ü, ß), they might be found, but they are not highlighted in yellow (showing that it is a perfect match).

Is there a setting that I must activate to inform that my forum uses German?

Thanks in advance!
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

Originally posted by ndoktoruser
    Hi,

everytime I have a query which includes "-", no results are found. Example: "NATO-Partnerschaft".
    Even though this exact text is written in a post.

Everytime I have a query which includes German characters (ä, ö, ü, ß), they might be found, but they are not highlighted in yellow (showing that it is a perfect match).

Is there a setting that I must activate to inform that my forum uses German?

Thanks in advance!
    Maybe this helps you: "Suchindex neu aufbauen - Umlaute fehlen"

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

"-" is a considered to be a stop character so each word will be indexed separately. When entered, that should happen as well so you would have two words. vBulletin 5 doesn't do phrase searching so the using quotes around search terms provides no benefit.

There are a number of issues surrounding characters with umlauts. It all comes down to how they are stored in the database. If they are stored as HTML entities (common in vBulletin 3 and 4), they won't be searchable.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...