X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zweeper
    • Jan 2005
    • 6.0.X

[Bug / Issue] Facebook connect

Hey, I just followed the facebook connect guideline here @ vbulletin.com and checked the options several times. But i dont get facebook connect working for my board (bolidenforum.de).

It starts that there als already no Facebook F logo when I click at "register". Can anybody tell me if there are currently general issues with facebook connect?!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Facebook Connect is working on your forum.

Click image for larger version  Name:	snip_20170626132617.png Views:	1 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	4372445

Your custom style isn't loading the Facebook Icon on the Login Dropdown. If you're logged out and click to the right of "Ammelden mit" you should trigger it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	snip_20170626132831.png Views:	1 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	4372446

Contact your Style provider for a fix. The style should load images/facebook-32x32.png.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zweeper
      • Jan 2005
      • 6.0.X

Hello Wayne,

thanks for the reply. One more question, does facebook connect also mean, that you can registert via facebook directly in the forum?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

If someone connects via Facebook and are not registered, the system will put them through the registration system.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zweeper
          • Jan 2005
          • 6.0.X

Hey Luke,

sorry, I dont really understand that. I did click the "f" button and entered my facebook details, but actually nothing happened on the website.
          If I go to "register", then I am connected with facebook, but still need to go trough the registration process.

Isn't the sense of this facebook connect feature also to register within the forum just by entereing the facebook login details?

Comment

• zweeper
            • Jan 2005
            • 6.0.X

So can i just "quick connect" via Facebook if I onced connected my account, or can I also quick register in a vbulletin Forum by only entering my vbulletin login details? That's what I actually dont really understand.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Once you have an account, you can log in using your Facebook credentials (usually just a couple of clicks) or the vBulletin system. Not as convenient as the vB4 system but only a minor inconvenience. If the Facebook Connect were removed or the system breaks based on a change by Facebook, the user would be able to continue using your site.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zweeper
                • Jan 2005
                • 6.0.X

Hi Luke, thanks for the info.
                "Once you have an account" - means a facebook or vbulletin account?

I am just still confused due to the "automated registration" option in the vBulletin options. When I read it, I understand it that way that you can register via facebook even if you are not a member of this forum yet.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Currently, the option has no effect on the system as I said above. When they connect with Facebook and do not have a forum account, they will be put through the registration system.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zweeper
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 6.0.X

ok thanks for the info!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...