• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

5.3.1 Footer Rollup JS Error

Error_information_x popup.

Error when fetching options: footer-rollup-531.js:352:22979
    Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://www.mywebsite.com/...lendar__events. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). (unknown)
    Error when fetching phrases: footer-rollup-531.js:352:17999
    vBulletin.AJAX Error callback: //www.mywebsite.com/ajax/render/widget_calendar__events footer-rollup-531.js:352:82964
    vBulletin.AJAX Error data: footer-rollup-531.js:352:83005
    {title: "error", message: "error", callUrl: "//www.mywebsite.com/ajax/render/widget_calendar__events", textStatus: "error", jqXHRStatus: 0, errorThrown: ""}
    footer-rollup-531.js:352
    vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide ajax indicator suppressed footer-rollup-531.js:352:16531
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

When exactly does this js error occur?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• In Omnibus
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      When exactly does this js error occur?
      Before login.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I can't recreate this error on this site. Are you using a CDN for javascript?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• In Omnibus
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          I can't recreate this error on this site. Are you using a CDN for javascript?
          No. Initially I thought it might be due to having no calendar events so I added one. The error persists.

It appears before login. Once dismissed it stays gone until logout. It appears again before logging in.

It appears in both Firefox and Chrome. Not tested in IE or Edge.

It appears while the calendar is still loading.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

While logged out on this site and my local test site, I do not receive any errors on the Footer rollup file. What are the exact steps that you are using to create the issue?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• In Omnibus
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              While logged out on this site and my local test site, I do not receive any errors on the Footer rollup file. What are the exact steps that you are using to create the issue?
              Just going to the main URL. While the page is loading the error pops up in a box.

It's entirely possible it's the hosting causing the issue, especially if you're unable to reproduce it. I'm running this on a test site and I'm not exactly using primo dedicated hosting or even a cheap VPN. I'm going to move it to my dedicated server this weekend and see if the hosting is the issue.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                • Apr 2010

To follow up on this, here is the specific error (again):

This is on a different server:

vBulletin AJAX profile: Before request #43 footer-rollup-531.js:352:14829
                Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://www.xxx.us/ajax/render/widget_calendar__events. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). (unknown)
                vBulletin AJAX profile: Before request #44 footer-rollup-531.js:352:14829
                vBulletin AJAX profile: Before request #45 footer-rollup-531.js:352:14829
                vBulletin.AJAX Error callback: //www.xxx.us/ajax/render/widget_calendar__events footer-rollup-531.js:352:82964
                vBulletin.AJAX Error data: footer-rollup-531.js:352:83005
                {title: "error", message: "error", callUrl: "//www.xxx.us/ajax/render/widget_calendar__events", textStatus: "error", jqXHRStatus: 0, errorThrown: ""}
                footer-rollup-531.js:352
                vBulletin AJAX profile: Before request #46 footer-rollup-531.js:352:14829
                vBulletin AJAX profile: Before request #47 footer-rollup-531.js:352:14829
                vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide Counter: 0 Source: ajaxStop footer-rollup-531.js:352:16637
                vBulletin AJAX profile: Before request #48 footer-rollup-531.js:352:14829
                vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show ajax indicator suppressed footer-rollup-531.js:352:16241
                vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide ajax indicator suppressed footer-rollup-531.js:352:16531
                GET

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

Is the calendar page in https? Or is the domain of the calendar page different than http://www.xxxx.us? Or are you accessing the calendar page without www? I'm guessing the last one.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• In Omnibus
                    • Apr 2010

Is the calendar page in https? Or is the domain of the calendar page different than http://www.xxxx.us? Or are you accessing the calendar page without www? I'm guessing the last one.
                    The calendar is on the index page which is the URL without the www

Clicking on the Forum tab reloads the page to the www URL

The site is not in https yet. It will be in the near future.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 5.7.X

So I was right. The calendar page url has no www while the ajax call has www. This is the cause of the js error. You should access the calendar page with www. You should force www in htaccess so all pages will be using www.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                        • Apr 2010

So I was right. The calendar page url has no www while the ajax call has www. This is the cause of the js error. You should access the calendar page with www. You should force www in htaccess so all pages will be using www.
                        That did the trick.

I seem to have been the only one to have reported this issue but in the case or event anyone else runs into it:

Add the following to the .htaccess file. Change example.com to your actual URL.

#Force www:
                        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example.com [NC]
                        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.example.com/$1 [L,R=301,NC]

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 5.7.X

This is a server issue and not a vBulletin issue. And I think the default htaccess in 5.3.1 already has code for forcing www? You just have to remove the # to uncomment it.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                            • Apr 2010

This is a server issue and not a vBulletin issue. And I think the default htaccess in 5.3.1 already has code for forcing www? You just have to remove the # to uncomment it.
                            The htaccess file I have has a force https function that can be uncommented but does not appear to have a force www function.

Unsurprised to find this is a server issue. It's not the first I've had nor will it be the last. Test servers on the cheap are not a good idea in practice.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 5.7.X

Oh it's force https and not www in the default htaccess. It would be nice to include www too.

Comment