garbled site after move+upgrade, then "Store CSS Stylesheets as Files" fixed it...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mna
    • Jun 2017
    • 5.3.x

**last post by mna703 was my other account... I didn't realize I was signed in on it, feel free to delete that post and that account**
    success with the fresh server! Sorry to bother everyone with this issue I got a brand new namecheap server (~$10) and ran it on php5.6 and got the same problem. I then replaced the install directory and ran upgrade.php file and it worked after that! I decided to try the install again but setting cpanel to php7.1 instead (since vbulletin is all I will be using I might as well use the latest php right?), and it worked with the first install, without having to replace the install folder and run upgrade.php again.

I had already tried php7.1 on my old server and it didn't work, so I am guessing something got corrupted on my old server and I needed a fresh server install.

Comment

• mna
      • Jun 2017
      • 5.3.x

If anyone else has this problem, I think it may also be caused by mod_security. Either contact your host to disable it completely for a test, or ask them to white list certain rules that might conflict with vbulletin.

Comment