Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • online68
    • Mar 2015

Prevent Pinterest from pinning photos

Hello. I run a private forum and lately I've seen lots of photos that are shared in the forum pinned publicly to Pinterest. I did some research and it looks like I can imbed this code somewhere to prevent members from pinning photos to Pinterest: <meta name="pinterest" content="nopin" /> But not sure where to place it. It says put it anywhere, but is that really true? I'm an absolute novice about all of this stuff. I have a landing page for my website with a link to the forum. Can it just add to the main landing page for my site? Will that cover any thread on the forum?

I'd really appreciate any help.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You would have to add that to your head_include template. In the adminCP go to Styles -> Style Manager. Select "Edit Templates" from the Choose Action menu. Edit the head_include template and add your code. Repeat for every Style that your end users are allowed to access.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• online68
      • Mar 2015

Thanks, Wayne. I really appreciate it. Gonna give it a go. The good news is that there is only one template that members can access.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by online68
        Thanks, Wayne. I really appreciate it. Gonna give it a go. The good news is that there is only one template that members can access.
        Just to clarify (as you may get confused otherwise), you mean there's only one style. A template is not the same as a style. There are many templates with a style. Each template is used to build the pages within a style.

i only mention this as it's an important difference and you'll end up going down the wrong road otherwise.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• online68
          • Mar 2015

Ok, so here's what I did. Hopefully, you can tell me if this is correct or not.

I logged into AdminCP and went to Styles > Style Manager, and all of the different themes came up on the screen. I made a custom theme by changing colors around so I clicked on "choose action" for my theme and selected "Edit Templates." Then, I scrolled down to the "head_include" line and selected it. To the right, I clicked on the "edit" button and pasted the code into the part that said Template and clicked save.

Did I do it correctly? Is that all I need to do?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Yes on both.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• online68
              online68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome. Thank you!!
          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...