X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moneyspillsempire
    • May 2014

How to Make This Crucial Setttings?

Hi Everyone,

I have been running my vBulletin forum for a while now and it has been a good experience, however I need answer to two questions the require immediate attention.

1. I want to know how to setup the comment in the CMS so it doesn't wrap. What I mean is, the CMS only shows the 3 most recent comments and hide others; however, I want all the comments displayed.

For example, An article I wrote here http://www.relationshiptalkforum.com...th-proven-plan has 76 comments but only displays the 3 most recent comments, so how can I make it display all 76 comments?

2. How do I set up my forum in a way that gives users a time duration to edit their post. That is, when a user makes a post they can only edit their post within 48 hours and thereafter it's impossible for them to edit the post.

Thanks for all your support.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) You can set the initial comments per page and the maximum comments per page by going to one of your articles and clicking "Edit Page" in the SIte Builder menu at the top of the page. If you don't see that link, click the "Edit Site" toggle by your username at the top to turn on Site Builder.

Once you are in Edit mode, click the pencil icon for the Article Display Module to edit its options. Making these numbers too high may cause adverse performance issues so you will have to test to find a level you're comfortable with.

2) In a default installation, no limit is placed on editing posts. You can change this in the AdminCP by going to Usergroups -> Channel Permissions. Edit the permission for the Registered Usergroup under Home. Set Time Limit for Editing Posts (hr) to 48 for 48 hours. This will cascade down to all channels where the Registered Usergroup doesn't have custom permission (shown in red). If they have custom permissions on individual channels, you will have to manually edit those for consistency.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• moneyspillsempire
      • May 2014

Wayne, thank you very much for your help. I was able to successfully set it up as you directed.

However, I forget to ask one important question;

How do I set up my forum in a way that only users with certain number of post will be able to put link in a post? For example, I want to set it up in way that only users with 30 post or more will be able to use link in their post.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

vBulletin doesn't have a permission to prevent users from putting URLS in their posts.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• medved
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by moneyspillsempire
          Hi Everyone,

I have been running my vBulletin forum for a while now and it has been a good experience, however I need answer to two questions the require immediate attention.

1. I want to know how to setup the comment in the CMS so it doesn't wrap. What I mean is, the CMS only shows the 3 most recent comments and hide others; however, I want all the comments displayed.....
          There is still problem with the collapse. You can vote here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-18440

Comment