Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cfleet1
    • Jun 2013
    • 6.0.X

Are likes in VB5 the new way to give rep? Or is the old way where you can make comments still there and maybe just not set up yet? We just launched this morning. Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Likes are you give reputation. There is no method to leave comments as part of a like at this time.

Users should just click the comment link and leave their comments on the post.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cfleet1
      • Jun 2013
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Likes are you give reputation. There is no method to leave comments as part of a like at this time.

Users should just click the comment link and leave their comments on the post.
      Gotcha. Pretty old school. lol

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Cfleet1

Gotcha. Pretty old school. lol
        Reputation comments have a fundamental flaw in that they are private. It allows people to send abuse to others without the site staff even being aware.
        And don't get me started on negative reputation. It's just a recipe for fights, arguments and people leaving in a huff.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Cfleet1
          • Jun 2013
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B

Reputation comments have a fundamental flaw in that they are private. It allows people to send abuse to others without the site staff even being aware.
          And don't get me started on negative reputation. It's just a recipe for fights, arguments and people leaving in a huff.
          I agree the neg rep is lame. Im not attacking you guys or anything. Ive been with VB for 15 years. Its been fundamental in my recovery from PTSD these forum communities have. But as social media advances there are some great ways to get users to be more engaged. I really like some of the Post Rating features ive seen out there. My forum is a Charger forum. Los Angeles Chargers. And our team moved from SD to LA. So we have lost a lot of fans. And most Charger forum owners now hate the team. I dont. So ive gone to various Charger forums and recruited members who are tired of all the hate. The first thing they say when they come over is where are the post rating features. Some have stayed. But a lot are not willing to give up the ability to rate posts. Its crazy how important that is to them. So instead of just "Liking" a post. You have some similar options to FB that has increased their mood icons. Here is an example.
          Attached Files

Comment