• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReptiSpace
    • Feb 2016
    • 5.1.x

Deleted Topics are still visible at Home

Hello,

please have a look at my forum: www.dght-foren.de.
    You can see at the Home overview in the second forum ("Wasserschildkröten") and the third ("Schlangen") the same last post. This is spam and we have deleted it. You can't see these topics when entering the forms as a guest. But they are visible at Home.

How can we fix this issue?

Thanks a lot an best regards,

Daniel
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Are you viewing the site as an administrator? Soft deleted posts are always visible to administrators.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Try logging in as a regular user and check if you can see soft deleted posts.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Post in another topic to update the cache or delete the system cache in the AdminCP under Maintenance.

Many items are cached. This should update within a minute (the default cache update value). However, if you don't have a lot of traffic and the Scheduled Tasks get behind schedule, then tasks don't run at the right time.

The settings you want to look at are in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. The first is Minutes to Cache Content for Guests. The default value for this is 0. The second is Search Result Cache Lifetime. The default value for this is 1 minute. Increasing either of these values will increase the likelihood that displayed data will be out of date but will increase the performance of your site.

Finally, if you use external caching like Cloudflare or Varnish then you can introduce this issue as well.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ReptiSpace
          • Feb 2016
          • 5.1.x

Hello,

I can see these deleted topics with every browser, without being logged in with my account.
          Can't you see the marked topics when you open my forums? www.dght-foren.de

I have deleted the system cache and the settings are like Wayne did wrote.

Best regards,

Daniel

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

You'll just have to post in other topics or wait for whatever caching your server is using to cache up. There is no other method to update this.

On this site, these deleted topics get moved to a hidden forum that no one has access to. That way they don't show up anymore.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment