• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mscottralston
    • Jan 2014
    • 4.2.X

Temporary Files made by vB5

My server hosts have asked me to pass on this question:

Need you to reach out to vBulletin support and find out what method is creating roughly 2.4Mb files in /tmp with the following naming convention. vbimageXXXXXX. For example vbimageVD05ed is a current file.

If possible it would be great if these files could be created in the newplay home directory. i.e. /home/newplay/vb_tmp/ rather than on the /tmp/ partition.

We can set a php setting on the account to do this, but if vBulletin has a hard coded setting, this will override any local setting we try to change, so it would be best to reach out to them and find out our options.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

They are created by uploading attachments. We use whatever the PHP directives state as the temp directory. That they remain means that the user that PHP runs under doesn't have proper permissions to delete. As a hosting provider, they can put the /tmp directory under your home directory so that it can be properly managed. Or they should just use php_mod so the Apache user runs PHP and everyone uses the same permissions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mscottralston
      • Jan 2014
      • 4.2.X

Thank you, that's the info they needed!

Comment