poll results bar not showing results

hi,

I have an issue on my forum : the poll results bar are just all to 100% :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	28-04-2017 11-55-22.png
Views:	47
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	4369087

I did look into it and it seems related to the french settings, as the argument for width is expressed with a "," instead of a "."
    <div class="bar" style="width: 18,75%"></div>
    if i change it to : <div class="bar" style="width: 18.75%"></div> it is working well.

Now, i can get the forum to do it on is own ?
    you can check it here : https://www.plongeur.com/forums/foru...ttrait-blocage
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

That looks like a bug that should be filed in JIRA for them to fix.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Do you use the comma as the decimal separator in your language?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• plongeur.com
        • Mar 2017
        • 5.2.x

Yes i do. But i tried it setting the language to english (which has a dot a separator) and the bars stayed the same.
        I also tried changing the setting for french as i honestly don't mind having a . instead of a , but it stayed the same.

Maybe it only gets regenarated when someone vote ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

It may not update until someone votes. A lot of information is cached. There is an open JIRA and the developers will look at it.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• plongeur.com
            • Mar 2017
            • 5.2.x

Funny stuff : i changed the decimal separator to . and then reverted it to "," because it looked like it didn't do anything.
            A few hours later, the issue is solved...

Comment

• Forum-Pi
              • Oct 2017
              • 5.3.x

Hello, I have the same issue with my polls as plongeur.com has had. I see his last post about "funny" solution and that the problem was solved by itself, happy for him

But I need help with mine, please. When the polls are made they look just fine (with HTML on). As soon as anyone votes, all the colorful bars just go straight to the end, but keep showing the % numbers correctly. To fix that, the Admin has to go to "Edit" the poll and save the "html on" (both work the same) again, and as soon as this is done the polls get to look normal according to the %.

It is not possible to fix the bars manually each time anyone votes. It must keep it automatically, so I really need my bars be according to the % even when people have voted I will greatly appreciate your help and advice.

Best regards
              Last edited by Forum-Pi; Sun 29 Oct '17, 10:48am.

Comment

• Forum-Pi
                • Oct 2017
                • 5.3.x

just tried to save it with "html off" and after I voted at this poll the colorful bars just went all the way to the end.... so it made no difference

Comment

• plongeur.com
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 5.2.x

Well it actually came back...
                  ​​​​​​
                  it seems to be solved in 5.3.3, I think I saw it in the changelog and it looks like it works on my test instance.

Comment

• Forum-Pi
                    • Oct 2017
                    • 5.3.x

Originally posted by plongeur.com
                    Well it actually came back...
                    ​​​​​​
                    it seems to be solved in 5.3.3, I think I saw it in the changelog and it looks like it works on my test instance.
                    Thank you for your reply. I must add that to fix the bars in my case (so they look not all the way up, but according to the %), Admin does not have to choose anything at all as I mentioned above (it has nothing to do with html settings). Admin only needs to press "Edit" in the poll and then press "Save", nothing else. And here you go! So the poll somehow needs to be going through "edit-save", without any actual change of any settings to look normal. I checked that today several times. So what do we do about this poll issue? Thank you.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

If they are older polls from before the upgrade to 5.3.3, add a new vote or edit and save the result so the values are updated and stored in the database.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Forum-Pi
                        • Oct 2017
                        • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        If they are older polls from before the upgrade to 5.3.3, add a new vote or edit and save the result so the values are updated and stored in the database.
                        Thank you. I must ask, probably I am the only person here who doesnt know it...

If I have the currently running forum with members and posts (some data), will the upgrade to 5.3.3 cause to lose it all (will it look like newely installed forum from zero?) or this upgrade does not affect any of my current data, the categories, the groups etc.?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          Wayne Luke commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Data is migrated. The upgrade scripts contain thousands of steps to maintain your data across all versions and migrate the database to the new database structure. However, you should create a backup beforehand incase something goes weird on your server or workstation.
                      • plongeur.com
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 5.2.x

no you are safe, everything is stored in the database so there is no problem.
                        Nobody would ever upgrade if it was not so.

I upgraded from 3.0.? to 5.3.3 without loosing any data (had to redo the style but only because major version upgrades).

Comment

• Forum-Pi
                          • Oct 2017
                          • 5.3.x

Wayne Luke and plongeur.com thank you! I will upgrade to 5.3.3 today or tomorrow and let you know how it affected the polls. I really hope it will solve this "jumping bars" issue. Thanks again.

Comment

• Forum-Pi
                            • Oct 2017
                            • 5.3.x

Hi everyone! The upgrade to 5.3.3. went well and the polls do not show any weird behaviour anymore, so far so good

Thank you for your support!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...