• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndoktoruser
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Wrong forum path after I changed its parent

Hi,

I had a subforum sub1 nested in the forum forum1. The link was: myforum.com/forum/forum1/sub1.
    Then I created a new forum forum2 and I moved sub1 to the new forum. The new address to sub1 should be myforum.com/forum/forum2/sub1, but it is still the old link.

Note: the correct nesting is displayed in the start page and in the forums forum1 and forum2. Only the link to sub1 is broken.
    Note 2: if I try to access the link myforum.com/forum/forum2/sub1, it doesn't work. Even though sub1 is now in the forum forum2.

I tried to erase the cache in "Maintenance -> Clear System Cache", but it didn't work.

Do I need to do anything else?
    Did I do something wrong?

Attached you can see two images, which show the navigation to sub1 before and after I moved it to the new forum.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Edit the page in Sitebuilder. Then when saving the page, it will show a form that will allow you to change the URL.

You should also do that whenever you rename a forum not just when you move it.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

There is a JIRA to update the URL when the channel name changes here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3421

Same would apply to when you move it.

Here is a related JIRA that would expose the URL in the Channel Management tools within the AdminCP - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17203
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ndoktoruser
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

Thank you!

Comment