X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crfandrg
    • Jun 2009
    • 5.2.x

Reported post not showing in moderator forum

First of all I assume "flag post" is the equivalaent of "report post" on old versions. I set flagged posts to go to a moderator forum I created but they are not showing up. The moderators do get them as notifcations but easier to discuss when they show up in the forum. Here's how I tried to set it up. Does anything look wrong from my attempt? I know when I first went into that setting there was a default option but I had trouble making that foru visibie to any of us, wjhich is why I created a new one. Thanks. I attached a screen shot of what I have done so you can spot anything I have done wrong or missed. Thansk

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This functionality does not exist in vBulletin 5. Reported posts only show in the message centre.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mr B
      • Mar 2007
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
      This functionality does not exist in vBulletin 5. Reported posts only show in the message centre.
      Why is that feature removed in vBulletin 5? It was really nice to have a thread autocreated in a moderator forum when a post was reported/flagged. Often a discussion about a reported/flagged post is needed. Or is there another way to discuss reported/flagged posts now?

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Mr B

Why is that feature removed in vBulletin 5? It was really nice to have a thread autocreated in a moderator forum when a post was reported/flagged. Often a discussion about a reported/flagged post is needed. Or is there another way to discuss reported/flagged posts now?
        Unfortunately, this is the way the software is now designed. I believe there is an improvement request in the tracker to add the original functionality back, but as yet it has not gained any traction.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mr B
          The fact that vBulletin 3 and 4 create a new thread for this is because vBulletin 3 and 4 don't know how to do much of anything else. Even the CMS in vBulletin 4 requires a forum to hold Article comments. In vBulletin 5, the idea of content and content types was redesigned. This allows different ways of handling things such as these notifications. Is it better? Depeneds on your perspective.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mr B
            • Mar 2007
            • 5.3.x

The notifications are really good in version 5. No doubt about that.

But when a post is flagged/reported our moderators are used to discuss the report in a moderator forum. To discuss what do do with the report.

I will look up that improvement request later on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...