"registration is disabled" message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "registration is disabled" message

I have some users getting that message despite the fact registrations are not closed. Any thoughst on why this is? All I can think of is I had to re-start as a new forum and wondering if there is something that flags too many registrations on a short time from a particular email domain.

Also, if I need to register people manually to get around this, do I just need a user name and valid email from them? Thanks

Have you got StopForumSpam enabled? If so, make sure the username check is turned off.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.3.1 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
    AdminAmmo - My NEW Cloud Demo

Comment

Yes I have it enabled and username is definitely turned off (and has been) . Should I turn email off too? Does that block specific email addresses or email domains? Since I just got back online, should I turn off all the spam stops for now?

Comment

You should turn off Username and IP address. Leave Email on. It looks for specific email addresses. Turning that off will negate any benefit that Stopforumspam can provide. However, StopForumSpam shouldn't trigger until they have submitted their registration.

Do you have any IP addresses listed under Settings -> Options -> User Banning Options? Remove any that are less than three octets (xxx.xxx.xxx).
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud site. vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Please do not PM me for support unless I specifically ask for information to be delivered that way.

Comment

Working...
        X