• Show
Clear All

• crfandrg
    replied
    Thanks very much. That worked

Leave a comment:

• rhens
    replied
    you'll have to go into the admin panel and under channel management.....go into channel permissions. find your moderator channel and set permissions for that channel by usergroup. usergroups not selected to access this channel will not be able to see it

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    The quickest way to do this is to go to AdminCP > Channel Management > Channel Permissions. Then scroll down to the target forum and then click "Deny All" link. This will deny access to all the usergroups for that channel. Then edit each usergroup you want to give access to that channel by clicking Edit link then choosing "Inherit from parent" option.

Leave a comment:

• crfandrg
    started a topic Setting up moderator forum and access to that forum

Setting up moderator forum and access to that forum

I've been running an older version of vbulletin and short version, due to my host blowing it up starting from scratch, but rebuilding on the latest version. I having trouble creating a moderator forum that is private to just the moderators. I was able to set it up so that reported posts when to a sub-forum called "infractions" under "special". I changed the name of the sub-forum to "moderators" but can't get it to display. Do I need to do something with the display order for the forum and sub-forum?

I created a 2nd forum called "moderator" under the Home page > forum mode. This forum shows so I can use this instead but don't know how to make that forum private to just my mods. It doesn't which of those 2 options I use but I just need to make one of them a visible forum (to the moderators) that only they have access to. Can you help me out? Thanks